Looking for a 21 or 20 inch widescreen lcd!! Any recommendations?

Got my dell 2005fpw for $399 shipped, no dead pixels or bleeding. Wasnt sure if id like LCD gaming but glad i made the switch, everything is clear and crisp.

troisanh said:
Got my dell 2005fpw for $399 shipped, no dead pixels or bleeding. Wasnt sure if id like LCD gaming but glad i made the switch, everything is clear and crisp.
QFT

Every monitor has problems, but i think the Gateway is the best of the bunch. It's not like if you get the 2005FPW, you are guaranteed no problems! And...with the 2005FPW, if you do have problems, you would have to ship it back to Dell. With the Gateway, you can just return it to the store

I just picked up the gateway last nite and its a great monitor. I think alot of the problems people are having are about 50% real and 50% lack of patience to calibrate the display. I went through and set all user settings and I am getting a very enjoyable image. Thanks for the coupon now I have to call and bitch to see if they will just give me the difference with the card.

Not sure about that coupon. Read the fine print.

"Photocopies and mechanical reproductions are not valid"

-Flake

Well the place I bought mine is right next to work so I will try it tomorrow, not gonna waste the time/gas to go there now and try it. If not oh well its still a great monitor.

I tried using the coupon at a local Office Depot and they said it could not be used. They had a copy at the register and said it could not be used on a monitor.

I like the Sceptre LCD I picked up at Costco for $379. Gotta loved their return policy if anything ever does go wrong.

People have had problems with it, but mine has been pretty good and I can't see the ghosting everybody has been complaining about. Maybe a little bit of backlight bleeding on an all black screen, but otherwise not noticable. I've got it hooked up via DVI and my 360 is hooked up via VGA.

It comes down to what suits you. Everybody's tastes are different.

dang they didnt take the coupon? Well crap I was planning on using it in a few weeks. Well now im 100 bucks short and getting another 100 bucks is hard for a jobless 16 year old. :(.

Firecrotch said:
dang they didnt take the coupon? Well crap I was planning on using it in a few weeks. Well now im 100 bucks short and getting another 100 bucks is hard for a jobless 16 year old. :(.

Just give it a try and who knows they might take it. Some people have had some luck with it. I'm going to try the other Office Depot on the other side of town just in case. If not I haven't lost anything. Maybe take the coupon to CC or BB and see if they will give the same discount.

Ya ill give it a try. Still have about 2 weeks or so before i get the money, Good idea about best buy and CC maybe they will match =)

I just got a New Acer F-20 and i love, it plays games great. I was going to get the gateway but after i had to pay taxs and DCI cables, shipping it was over 100 dollars more so i went with this acer and I have to say i love it.

I'm also keeping my eye for a 21 inch widescreen (20 inch wide is a bit small - about the same size as a 17 inch 5:4 one).
Best bet for me at the moment is the HP f2105, but that gateway doesn't look bad either.

motoman617 said:
Just give it a try and who knows they might take it. Some people have had some luck with it. I'm going to try the other Office Depot on the other side of town just in case. If not I haven't lost anything. Maybe take the coupon to CC or BB and see if they will give the same discount.

BB and circuit city both do price match and then a 10% after that. I'm not sure if they will take competitor coupons but it's worth a shot, I 2nd that notion.

Wow the Ferrari F-20 looks impresive i just might get that one. The only downside i see is that it doesnt have height ajustment on the base.

I just received my Gateway today. The one I have has no dead pixels, no offensive backlight bleeding, no real discernable color washing, and I can't hear a buzzing sound coming from the monitor unless I put my ear right up to it. I tried VGA, component, and s-video on it, and coming from a decent 5:4 Dell 17" LCD, everything looks fantastic. Just a note though - component is a bit darker than I would've liked, but it's no big deal. I can't wait to get my DVI cable in the mail and try that out on this thing.

Get the Acer ferrari f-20, no buzzing, dead pixel, or backlight bleading.... besides, it looks great......

i love the crystal bright technology ......

Yea i love mine, i have no dead pixels and no buzzing at all. The reason i did not go with a bigger monitor is i don't want alot of ghosting or blurr, it drives me crazy in FPS Games. Yea I wanted a bigger one but this one will work just fine for me :D and the Gateway was even more money and i did not think i was going to gain much over this monitor. One of my friends has a Gateway and they are nice, but man by the time i was done with buying it and buying a DVI cable, paying Taxs on it and and shipping it was just getting to be too much in price. So i got this one and im loving it. :D Now when they get these 30 inch models down too 2ms im in lol

Well they took the coupon and I got my 127.19 back applied to the business CC. No problems at all other than the lackey originally trying to ring it up and then having to get a manager every 5 seconds.

HP f2105. I'm a gamer and I watch movies and this LCD has been stellar. Between 5 and 6 bills.

Gyre

Firecrotch said:

Not really. Well, this time of years maybe, but if you try hard enough you could get it together in one to two days.

Back