Looking for a case that supports 8800-sized cards

kent

2[H]4U
I've decided to scrap the system in my signature in favor of a SFF.

I don't care if it's a "cube" or a "pizza box" style case. I would prefer something attractive that blends in with other home theater equipment.

It needs to fit an 8800 and would prefer 120mm fans but we'll see

They fit the GTS cards but not the GTX version. If you are going with either of the 8800GTS cards not much to worry about. Only one or two cube type cases will fit a 8800GTX without modification though. The Qmicra is one of them. Expensive though.

The SG03 not only fits an 8800GTX, but is factory designed to fit two of them for SLI.

The SG03 not only fits an 8800GTX, but is factory designed to fit two of them for SLI.

Yea, granted that the only matx board that has SLI is old and hard to find. :p

My vote goes in for the SG03. Its quite stylish. Arguably one of the best matx cases out there (and probably is the best matx tower case).

SG01 will hold an 8800 GTS easy, but requires modification to hold an 8800 GTX. The Hard Drive tray blocks the 800 GTX from fitting and must be removed. :D

Likewise, won't a Lanbox fit an 8800 GTX if you take out the hard drive tray? (A hard drive could go in the 3.5" bay to the right of the 5.25" bays, or in one of the 5.25" bays with adapter brackets...)

Doesn't the SN26P (shuttle) support 8800 GTX's? I have one but it has 7800GT SLI's in it atm. I'd guess if it does fit it would only be in single card mode. Probably not enough room to fit 2.

Back