Looking for a cheap laptop with DVI and VGA...

JucyTEC

Limp Gawd
Looking to replace my HTPC, i thought about it, and rather than building a new one... I want to get a laptop with DVI and VGA port.

Are there any that are worth getting?? Cheaper the better, since it'll do nothing but just sit there...

C2D would be nice, my old HTPC w/ P4 running 3.0GHz HT is having a hardtime Playing 1080P movies.

Thanks in advance

What the hell is the point of getting a laptop that won't move around? Thats the only advantage to a laptop... otherwise, its going to be more expensive, run hotter and be less reliable then a laptop.

What the hell is the point of getting a laptop that won't move around? Thats the only advantage to a laptop... otherwise, its going to be more expensive, run hotter and be less reliable then a laptop.

i agree, getting a laptop that's not going to move to dumb, and plus you can't upgrade easy. just build you a new HTPC and you'll be happy.

Not sure if having a laptop would be the best for a HTPC, but if you can find one an Asus J84J might suit you ok. Its a barebones 17" notebook by Asus. It has VGA and HDMI, and an E-sata port. You can get either a usb tuner card, or use the internal mini pci-e slot to put a tuner internally. It comes with a GF 7700 Go, since its a barebones you can choose the cpu ram and hard drive and it won't end up costing a fortune.

You could easily build a SFF HTPC which will cost about half as much and perform much better than a laptop. A setup like that would be highly preferable to a laptop in such a situation.

most laptops, any i know of, cant use both the VGA and DVI at the same time, only one or the other.

Back