Looking for a Mid-Tower that can comfortably fit Corsair 1000HX or similar

Venthos

Weaksauce
Well, here I am again. As usual, I'm able to swiftly decide what items I want (for the most part) for an entire computer build EXCEPT for the case. I'm pretty particular about my case in terms of physical appearance. I don't really like too much flashy stuff like windows and excess lights.

The problem is, most cases I'm interested in seem to have too small of a PSU area to comfortably fit the high-end PSUs that I'm looking at. For example, the Corsair 1000HX or PCP&C 1000W. The reason I want such a mammoth PSU is because I want the capability to go SLI 280 GTX down the road. I'll be starting off with these specs initially:

-Core i7 940
-Some form of X58 motherboard (ASUS/Gigabyte/eVGA)
-Some form of GeForce 280 GTX (EVGA SSC edition or BFG OC2 edition)
-6GB Corsair DDR3 1333
-WD Velociraptor 150GB
-Seagate SATA-II 320GB (from pre-existing build)

So I want the extra oomph from my PSU to support a second card for SLI in the future.

Anyway, I'm dealing with the physical limitations of getting a PSU like that into a mid-tower. I'm not all that fond of huge full towers.

Some cases I've looked at:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112173
GREAT case, but the PSU bay is too small even WITH the extension bracket

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112166&Tpk=V1010B
Might be sufficient PSU space but the huge bar in the middle obstructing you from installing cards unless you slide the mobo tray out is bugging me. That and I worry about the HDs slipping out of the bay when moving the case. I prefer the "locked into place" bays

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119137
Flimsy power button on the side bugs me, also PSU looks like it won't fit since it'll easily run into that fan on the bottom of the case inner-wall

So those are the "types" of cases I'm looking at to give an idea.

Major things I want:
-Space for a 1000HX Corsair or 1000W PCP&C power supply
-Mid-Tower
-Regular ATX, not rATX
-Side-mounted HD bays for easy access/cable management
-A window/lights are fine as long as not done in excess to be flash

I'm having a tough time combining all those aspects together into one single case.

Anyone with a large PSU like that have a mid-tower they can recommend?

The 1000hx, or any similarly sized PSU will easily fit in those cases. If you like the CM 690, but don't like the power/reset buttons (I don't blame you), then you might want to check out the CM 590.

The 1000hx, or any similarly sized PSU will easily fit in those cases. If you like the CM 690, but don't like the power/reset buttons (I don't blame you), then you might want to check out the CM 590.

I can confirm that the 1000HX fits in the 590 since that's part of my current setup.

Antec P182. Built 2 rigs with 1000HX in it. Just shift the PSU chamber fan to the front side and you'll be fine.

I have the HX1000 in my 590 with a GTX 260. I can send you pictures if you like

the LL u linked would be great. i have a v1000b and i KNOW that the longer psu's will work. u can even remove one of the hdd cages and still hold any psu on the market + 3 hdds in the first drive cage.

I've got a Lian-Li PC-A20 which is fairly similar to the V1010. I didn't have any trouble getting a card in around the bar that is over the MB area, It might be an issue if you already have most of your slots filled and are trying to get a card in between two of them. You can secure the hard drives in the slots with a screw that goes in one of the other holes if you are going to be shipping the case somewhere but you will lose some of the sound isolation you get from the rubber washers.

Back