Looking for a new case...

MiriVeq

n00b
Hey guys, I need help ;) I have enough of my Raidmax case and are about to move on. Im looking for a lightweight (have to carry the computer to my garage for cleaning, sometimes take it to my friends etc) mid-tower case under 130$.

Right now I have P6T Deluxe, i7 920 stock, 3gb Corsair XMS 1333, EVGA GTX 260SS, 1TB WD Caviar Black, Sony BluRay Player and a LG DVD Burner unfortunately running through IDE. I also have a crappy PSU and since Im planning some light OC (mainly CPU) I need some help with the case - Cogage True is on its way :D...

My favorites so far were: P183 (only that its bloody heavy and I dont like the bottom PSU design - my PC sits on a carpet), Element S (love the motherboard tray hole and the black interior but hate the bottom PSU) and Storm Scout (hate the bottom PSU but has the needy handle bars.)

Any other suggestions?

take a look at the silverstone rv-02.. it will cost you a little more then you want to spend but it can handle everything you need.

I would go with the Storm Scout. It is the only $<100 chassis that is designed to be moved around. It has a steel reinforced carrying handle just to move it around.

I have a p180b and really like it. I concur that it is really heavy. Pretty similar to the p183. The case is clean unlike the Cooler Master and Thermaltake. I would suggest anything from Lian Li within your price range though. I also have a PC61b that I really like. It is light, has a lot of internal 3.5" bays, and the PSU is on the top :) Not 120mm fans, but it still keeps the E8400 I have in there at 32c idle and around 40c load.

Any other suggestions guys? I really want a neat mid-tower that can fit my GTX260 and Cogage True Spirit while having some nice airflow and not weighing a ton...

Last edited:
I'll +1 on the SS RV02 recommendation, great airflow, small size, quiet, easily removable filters (4), and fairly lightweight (20s guesstimate). The only problem is the price for you though.

IS the CM scout really quiet? I have an antec 900 which can get really noisy sometimes and im also looking for a case that can be as quiet as possible. My friend has an antec sonata which is EXTREMELY quiet.

Back