Looking for a Nikon D40 deal (yes, I've looked)

GilmourD

[H]F Junkie
I haven't found anything really impressive deal-wise for the Nikon D40. Anybody got anything?

i got mine at target for $600 included a 18-55 lens, 55-200 lens, bag, 2 dvds, 2gb sd card

Try doing a search over at slickdeals.net or fatwallet.com. Also there are lots of price search engines you can use. Don't make a thread in this forum unless you have a specific deal to post about. I'm sure you could imagine how cluttered it would be if everyone asked "What's the best price for XXX?"

Search for Cameta Camera on ebay. I got a D50 kit with a few lenses and a refurb flash from them. They beat every other legit store I could find and if you don't see exactly what you want on their web store, give them a call and they'll put together a package for you based around either their kits (with good discounts on flash memory and stuff like camera bags) or based on individual item prices.

They seem to know enough about Nikons that I was very comfortable buying from them. If I buy one of the new nikon VR lenses, I will most likely buy from them.

Try doing a search over at slickdeals.net or fatwallet.com. Also there are lots of price search engines you can use. Don't make a thread in this forum unless you have a specific deal to post about. I'm sure you could imagine how cluttered it would be if everyone asked "What's the best price for XXX?"

Well, thanks, but MajorDomo and Lethal have both said that asking is OK if you've actually put a concerted effort into a search of your own first. I thought that was in the HotDeals rules, but it's not, otherwise I would've quoted it.

As far as Cameta goes, I've actually found them before. I was just wondering if anybody had any stupid cheap deals like the deal that Crutchfield.com had last week where it was $410 shipped for a new-in-box camera.

Newegg appears to have the lowest price from a real, respectable authorized dealer that I can find for one brand new in a box. Cameta has some cheaper, but their factory refurbished.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...ogle-_-Digital+Cameras-_-Nikon+Inc-_-30113037

Have you consider the D60 or D80?

The budget is nowhere near the D80 and the D60 is simply not worth the extra money for features I won't use especially when it's really not THAT much cheaper than the D80. After all my research, the D40 is the perfect fit for me.

Back