Looking for an H-IPS/S-IPS that I can game on

Went with the PX2611W in the end, ordered from CDW as I like their return policy for LCD's. A little nervous to spend so much and mildly concerned that the wide gamut of this monitor will bother me but extremely excited too. Will post back once I receive it, hopefully will be able to include some pictures etc.

Well got my PX2611W last night. Set it all up, blown away by the sheer size of it and the brightness of it, nearly blew my retinas out looking at it. Unfortunately, first thing I noticed after that was backlight bleed...ugh...From the top left corner running to about mid-screen and about 1 inch down, a big bar of it. Next thing, I go to notch the brightness down, this means I have to figure out how to use that silly little d-pad thing for traversing the menu options. I get the brightness down to an acceptable level, release my finger and the d-pad promptly splits in half! Couldn't believe it, I really was pretty gentle with it too. So i'm already contemplating RMA, then I get to checking for dead/stuck pixels using Pixel Buddy...ok, none spotted and also uniformity looks good...now onto the wide gamut thing, does it bother me. My first thought was that the colors looked amazing though definitely a little overblown, so I load up IE and Firefox (with color management enabled) and I am dismayed at how the colors look in IE, so garish and cartoonish in comparison to Firefox, the reds look like neon and the greens are not much better. Not good, I fire up PES 2009, my favorite soccer game. Gameplay is fine, good even, nice and smooth but the grass on the field is horribly saturated near the bottom of the screen, near the top of the field it looks normal, a pale-ish green, near the bottom it is like neon bright green. So, just like when I didn't think viewing angles with a TN panel would bother me and they did, here we go again...I told myself "wide gamut won't be a big deal"...well, it is, it's awful and I have no idea why on earth they would spoil a good to great monitor with this BS. Given that the LP2475w, for example, has a 102% color gamut as opposed to 92% on the PX2611W, I have absolutely no idea how people who own that monitor deal with it.

Long story short, i'm heading in the direction I probably should have headed in in the first place...the NEC LCD2490WUXi...I plan to RMA to CDW and pay the difference. I don't believe outside of the 2490 that a 24"+ standard gamut IPS panel exists, at least not in North America so I am going to bite the bullet and lay out the extra...will report back on my experiences returning the Planar and hopefully getting the 2490 :D

Last edited:
@ SteveCamp09

Nice overview of the Planar. I am about to get the HP LP2475w on Monday and I will post my little quick review of that one in my other thread "LCD: 24"...". We'll see how the other IPS monitor does compared to the Planar.

If the wide gamut provesw to be a problem then maybe i will need some anti-halucination pills. What is the opposite of LSD?

@ SteveCamp09

Nice overview of the Planar. I am about to get the HP LP2475w on Monday and I will post my little quick review of that one in my other thread "LCD: 24"...". We'll see how the other IPS monitor does compared to the Planar.

If the wide gamut provesw to be a problem then maybe i will need some anti-halucination pills. What is the opposite of LSD?

Good luck with it, I will be most curious to read your appraisal. I myself did read a lot of good things about the LP2475w, great all-round IPS with plenty of inputs, good for multi-media. I guess the wide gamut thing will rear it's head...perhaps your tolerance will be greater than mine, but I was personally staggered at how silly the colors looked on the Planar, I mean, how anyone who manufactures these things can possibly think that looks better than standard sRGB is beyond my comprehension. In my very humble opinion, they ruined a potentially superb display. Hopefully you have better luck with the HP.

Regards

Wide Gamut is not for standard use really, they are made to take advantage of image editing software and design software that supports high color space, thus allowing you to print images more acurate to film standards.

Unfortunately, the best monitors are professional monitors not really made for standard use. The NEC 2490wuxi is just a sRGB screen specifically made for those applications and NEC has filled a major niche market with it that only Apple was offering products in before.

I am a little concerned that this monitor might not work out since i am a little picky about the computer products that i use. i demand performance from everything i buy.

now the question becomes what is the alternative for me if this HP won't cut it?

I do not want to spend a thousand dollars for the NEC monitor because while it is the best it fails my price/performance requirement. Should i consider PVA panels after this or fall back to TN temporarily for a year or two until the market brings in more IPS models with standard gamut? I will have decide next week.

PVAs are fine if the "sphere of shadow" in your face doesn't bother you. I couldn't stand that the center of the screen was darker than the outer portions, it drove me insane especially in movies.

There are not alot of choices if you want a quality display without gamma shifting, IPS is all there is. You could try the Dell 2209wa which is a 22" e-IPS with 1680*1050 resolution, or wait for more e-IPS panels to emerge on the market.

I think if you get a good HP LP2475w, the wide gamut will end up bieng a non-issue as it is with me. Once calibrated with the TFT Central settings (brightness at 15 in my case), the screen has been nothing short of amazing for me. The oversaturation is not even a factor anymore, I don't even notice it unless the color is intended to be "neon-esque" to begin with. In fact, sitting here looking at the red stripe above the posts, and looking at red objects around me, I would say the color more closely matches native light than other screens I have used. You just have to keep the brightness down so that it is not striking to the eye.

I think people just come from a standard gamut, and immediately think that the saturation is a deal breaker when they don't give them selves time to adjust to it.

In all other areas, the monitor is superb. The black level is astounding, I have zero bleed that I can see even in a dark room on a pure black image, the response time is better than my old NEC 20WMGX2, and the input lag is not noticable for me.

I think it boils down to whether or not you get a good sample, just like every other LCD on the market. That's why I always buy from retailers with good return policies, because LCD technology is inherently subject to wide sample varience.

PVAs are fine if the "sphere of shadow" in your face doesn't bother you. I couldn't stand that the center of the screen was darker than the outer portions, it drove me insane especially in movies.

There are not alot of choices if you want a quality display without gamma shifting, IPS is all there is. You could try the Dell 2209wa which is a 22" e-IPS with 1680*1050 resolution, or wait for more e-IPS panels to emerge on the market.

I actually have a Dell 1504FP (PVA I think since it doesn't get dark from underneath) panel on my desk and I didn't understand what you mean about the "sphere of shadow" until I moved my head around the monitor and saw the gray background on this thread getting lighter as I moved away from center making me feel like looking at the monitor from the center is like looking at a shadow.

Well I'm staking my hopes on the HP and hoping that with some setting changes I'll get a monitor that I can live with. I'm not super picky about the perfect screen especially coming from three CRT 19" monitors that broke in the last few years on me, with the last one getting fuzzier and fuzzier until it lost horizontal hold on the picture entirely and turned into a single vertical line.

Let's see what happens tomorrow. I'm hoping that it'll be a good choice because frankly I have no other alternatives right now and I don't wish to compromise with S-PVA or TN at this point. It's been like what, 5-years or more since LCD's made prime time and I feel like there isn't anything good out there unless you drop a K on something. What's up with that? I thought good LCD technology should have become affordable by now.

Ha, I bought a 50" Samsung PN50A550 television this last because I felt that $1.5K USD was an acceptable price to pay to upgrade from a ten or fifteen year old 27" Sony Trinitron CRT. The picture on my Plasma is awesome and I really enjoy watching HD or SD content on it. I get pixel perfect performance at 50" with edge-to-edge clarity for such a low price. I wanted a 56" Plasma but the $2.8K price was not worth 90% price premium for only 24% viewable area increase.

Now if this HP doesn't work I can't see myself contemplating on paying $1K for 24" inches of LCD when for ~$500 more now I could get 50" Plasma. The cost comparison here just doesn't work.

Last edited:
Okay, I'm not sure if anyone else has mentioned this (I don't have the time to read everything right now), but I do have a suggestion.

I've been looking for a monitor to replace my quickly-deteriorating Dell 2007WFP, which is the IPS version, and, being a web/graphic designer (and a nit-picker), I couldn't make myself happy with TN or PVA panels. Unfortunately, I also couldn't justify the cost of a quality IPS monitor, as, like you just said, if I'm spending that kind of money, I might as well just get a big TV.

Fortunately, I recently discovered Panasonic's newly-released Viera TVs (I hadn't considered them in the past as they were out of my price range), and found out that they were IPS panels, and much cheaper than their previous models. I've read a lot of praise for Panasonic's lines during my monitor/TV quest (very low input lag being a standout for me), and, in finding this 37" IPS panel from a reputable manufacturer, I jumped on it.

I realize that I'm going to sound a bit like a salesman here, but this thing's awesome. It's pristine, with excellent build quality and plenty of inputs, especially when compared to a standard PC monitor, and I can't argue with going from a 20" to a 37" screen. More importantly, the image quality is everything that you want an IPS to be, with excellent viewing angles, PVA-caliber color, and less input lag than I've ever found in an LCD. It does have some issues with red text blurring a bit at times (I'm really not sure what the deal is there, but it seems to be a long-standing issue with Panasonic's LCDs), but everything else's razor sharp. It's also a matte screen, which I appreciate greatly, as it's no fun to have a giant mirror on your desk, as is my case.

Give it (and, indeed, all of Panasonic's line, as they're all quality IPS panels) a good look in your considerations. I have no idea why their screens aren't raved about here, with everyone and their mother searching so desperately for a quality IPS screen, but I thought I'd bring it up regardless. I hope you find what you're looking for. I know I'm (finally!) set for a long time to come.:D

I had a 32LZ800, and it was pretty good as a PC monitor, but it kept dropping the signal from my GTX260 over HDMI every time I would leave it off overnight. It would show the boot screen all the way up to when my desktop should load, and then go black. The first few times all i had to do was turn it off and back on and it came back, but that stopped working.

I think the biggest problem with TVs is the pixel density is really low compared to PC monitors, and text ends up bieng a major issue every time. The text and detail on this HP LP2475w is far superior to the Panasonic or the other inferior TV I have tried. I would have settled with the 32LZ800 though if it would have got along with my GTX260, fortunately Amazon paid for my "trial" of the screen 100%, even return shipping.

I think the biggest problem with TVs is the pixel density is really low compared to PC monitors, and text ends up bieng a major issue every time. The text and detail on this HP LP2475w is far superior to the Panasonic or the other inferior TV I have tried.

You're right, the pixel density is much lower on a large TV as versus a PC monitor, but it's still a healthy 1920x1080. The only 'problem' that a low pixel density creates is that you might want to sit a little further back. Unless you absolutely can't shift back a bit, that adds utility, not inconvenience. I'm also not sure what you mean by 'text and detail', since, aside from the red issue I mentioned above, everything, including text, is perfectly sharp.

I'm not saying it's perfect, but I see no reason why this wouldn't be an excellent answer for so many of the folks that come here hoping to find a reasonable IPS screen (provided they have the space), especially considering what they get for the price.

You're right, the pixel density is much lower on a large TV as versus a PC monitor, but it's still a healthy 1920x1080. The only 'problem' that a low pixel density creates is that you might want to sit a little further back. Unless you absolutely can't shift back a bit, that adds utility, not inconvenience. I'm also not sure what you mean by 'text and detail', since, aside from the red issue I mentioned above, everything, including text, is perfectly sharp.

I'm not saying it's perfect, but I see no reason why this wouldn't be an excellent answer for so many of the folks that come here hoping to find a reasonable IPS screen (provided they have the space), especially considering what they get for the price.

It's simple, the DPI on a 24" screen at 1920*1200 is alot higher than a 32" at 1920*1080, so tighter pixels result in sharper images.

I keep trying to find time to play on my HP and today I had an hour with STALKER doing some night runs in Army Warehouses map. I really like the way this monitor handles night gaming since it was 2:00 am game time and darkness. I don't know what people are complaining about with input lag or blackleves but my experience was awesome with better clarity and black levels than my previous Sony GDM CRT and other CRTs.

DisplayMate gray level tests show that this monitor displays blackleves of 2 and higher with test boxes being distinct. Only level 1 does not show up. This is with the darker and cooler 9300K colors and 15 brightness.

LCD: 24" IPS - HP LP2475w, Planar PX2611W, NEC LCD2490WUXi-BK

STALKER - At Night

Today I had some more time and I played a little STALKER with the SuperMod Pack before it crashed yet again, the game was awesome playing at night as usual and no problem attacking mutants in the darkness on this monitor.

Battlefield 2 - Don't Try This At Home

My friend and I were old time Battlefield 2 players so we decided to fire-up this old bird. I got my CH Products Joystick, Throttle, and Pedals programmed and we hopped in to a few choppers and jets to play. Unfortunately, we didn't realize how much we suck now without any practice for so long so we were eating TV missiles from the other team all day long. The jet flying wasn't much better either as old schoolers thought us a few things about flying. The game looks absolutely awesome though and the graphics are still very good. The monitor handled the game very well and the colors were just as we remembered them. With the monitor set at 9300K with brightness at 15 and contrast at 80 we felt that we were at home playing this game on our old Sony GDM 19" CRTs. Just perfect!

Left 4 Dead - Twitch Shooter

I also had a chance to play a little Left 4 Dead and completed a chapter in this game without a problem. On this monitor the action seems clearer and more gory than on my old CRT. I was whacking zombies on my system at 1920x1200 resolution with medium/high settings. Awesome experience and I'm going to do some more tomorrow. No issues what so ever seeing boomers waddle in the dark tunnels, hunters skulking around behind overturned cards, or smokers spewing their toxic ash everywhere. Clarity and visibility in the dark is just fine on this monitor.

ezQuake 1 - Super Fast Paced Action

I reinstalled Quake 1 with the ezQuake engine and jumped in on a server to get some fasted paced frag action going. Man, ezQuake on this GTX 260 at 1600x1200 resolution at 300-600 FPS is just awesome! I jumped on two servers and battled it out one-on-one with an old timer who handed me my own ass on a platter. I'm damn rusty after like 8-years of no Quake. My friend also got a few good games in against this guy who schooled us both. Then we jumped on a free-for-all server and got it on with a bunch of old time fraggers like us and had a ball of it on a bunch of classic maps like DM4 camping the teleporters, doing circle-jumps to the stairs, hogging up all the red armor, running for the rocket launcher, and going for a few swims in the lava. Awesome time and memories.

The monitor of course handled this game superbly at full speed with absolutely no input lag or ghosting or streaking. The visual experience was absolutely gorgeous and these old maps couldn't have looked better than they did now.

If you're one of those people that are thinking of buying a much more expensive monitor like the Planar PX2611W or the DoubleSight DS-265W because you read that these monitors have 9ms less input lag and you're going to pay $300 USD more for that monitor from a much worse company with less digital input choices, poorer quality construction, shorter warranty, and lower quality electronics, not to mention no scaling ability for the DS-265 and color issues for the Planar PX2611W then you are making a huge mistake.

If this monitor can keep up with my friend and I doing fasted paced Quake 1 deathmatch action at 500 FPS engine speed going toe-to-toe with some old school fraggers without us even noticing a nanosecond of input lag then this monitor for sure can keep up with all of you slow pokes AWD bunny hopping countersuckers.

After today's fast paced action in this game I can safely say that input lag is just a bullshit spec being touted out by review sites that like to nit pick the unimportant issues just so that they can get their word in. Forget this input lag spec and focus on more important things like the quality of the still and moving image, color reproduction, clarify and uniformity of the panel, wide angle viewability, along with all the other important performance factors and of course the price.

Scaling - Awesome Job HP!

The monitor does a great job at scaling non-native 1920 x 1200 resolutions to make them look great. My BIOS boot-up screen even looks great with proportional font being smoothed out and nicely stretched to fit the entire 16:9 ration screen without any of the fat text bulging effect. The games that I played today like Battlefield 2 at 1280x1024, STALKER at 1280x1024, ezQuake at 1600x1200, and Left4Dead at 1920x1200 all looked awesome and you couldn't tell what the actual resolution of the game was. The scaling of the other resolutions to fit a 16:9 screen was absolutely perfect and I could not tell the difference between the games. With 2x Anti-Aliasing enabled the jagged lines were softened up and I started wishing for a more powerful CPU so I could go to 4x or 8x AA because previously I couldn't tell the difference about AA settings on my 19" CRT. Awesome job HP on the scaling functions of this monitor, everything looks great on it.

Wide Gamut - Not An Issue at 9300K Temperature, Get Over It Folks

This monitor is rated at wide gamut at 102% NTSC color gamut reproduction. With the default color temperatures settings at 6500K you immediately notice the oversaturated and painful to see green, red, and magenta (purple) colors. Even with the TFT Central color custom profile adjustments reading web pages becomes very tiring and hurting on my eyes within minutes. I litterally start feeling flushed in the face and I feel warmth from the blood rushing to my eyes and cheeks. It is a very strange and freaky experience the first time I used this monitor since I've only felt this way once at work when they tried to switch my old LCD for a new model. I didn't realize what it was back then but I did now once I noticed how red everything started looking.

I found the color settings on this monitor and set it to my preferred 9300K temperature and like a splash of cold water on my face the eye soreness disappeared and my face started feeling normal again. I then started switching the monitor between 6500K, sRGB, Custom Color, and 9300K on a few different screens and I noticed that the default 6500K made my eyes sore very quickly, the sRGB and Custom Color took a little while, but 9300K was perfect. I looked at various color swatch test screens in DisplayMate and in all color temperature settings other than 9300K the three colors that I mentioned before looked oversatured and almost radioactive to look at. The swatches became painful to watch, especially the SMTPE standard test screen. Setting it to 9300K fixed the oversaturation and at the same time brought down the intensity of those colors to the same levels as the other primaries, yellow, cyan, white, and blue. The blue color on this monitor is a little dimmer than the other colors but it is only like that very slightly. That is probably a good side effect knowing how tiring blue color is to look at and also since the eye has issues with strong blue colors and ultraviolets (magenta like).

Now I'm wondering if those "pink tint" complaints from folks couldn't have been resolved with a color temperature change to 9300K? Just like the "fuzzy text" issue and "red shadows" that people complained about could be easily fixed by disabling ClearType in Windows.

Future Upgrade - A-TW Polarizer

One thing that I did notice is that this monitor looks absolutely great looking at it straight up and also while sitting next to or behind my friend who is playing a game. The image looks very good from all angles on this monitor and it is perfectly clear and bright up to about 45-degrees or further each way from center. After 45-degrees or more you start to notice a little white glow to the monitor as you move towards 90-degrees but the picture is still very viewable and watchable. This monitor comes with an IPS panel but it does not include the A-TW Polarizer on it. From a few pictures of the NEC 2490 monitor with this polarizer I see that the white glow does not appear on that panel after you move away from the center at a wide angel. That is a cool feature I think but the current high price being asked for the NEC 2490 at $1,000 USD is not worth the extra money versus $500 USD for the HP 2475 without this small feature. The vast majority of the time you will be using the monitor head-on with people using it to watch you play or even as a television and this monitor does very well. Who uses a monitor or watches television at more than 45-degree angle anyway? You'd have to sit sideways to really notice this small thing.

I think that the next model after the HP 2475 in this price range this or next year should hopefully include the A-TW Polarizer and then this monitor would be as perfect as the NEC while hopefully still remaining at half the price.

I'm very happy with my monitor, it is perfect for me and I will be keeping it for sure. It was a very good decision on my part and I am very happy that I bought it. I can now use my computer at the huge 1920 x 1200 resolution and play all of my games also.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your Planar steve. Non-uniform backlight bleed can also be a result of uneven fasteners around the edge of the panel, forcing the screen to flex or bend slightly. Certainly an issue worth immediate replacement (of course the broken D-pad too).

I have a Samsung 226cw wide gamut and though the colors are great for movies and photographs (general viewing), it presents horrible problems in working sRGB Photoshop for doing real photo editing. Even with calibration, I got mine to be O.K. but certainly not as awesome as my DS263n.

If the NEC 2490 was $800, I think they would sell a lot more of them! The HP 2475 is a strong contender. I wonder if anyone has taken a good look at the DS 263w. Keep an eye on the anandtech lcd thread and let us know what you end up getting!

Sorry to hear about your Planar steve. Non-uniform backlight bleed can also be a result of uneven fasteners around the edge of the panel, forcing the screen to flex or bend slightly. Certainly an issue worth immediate replacement (of course the broken D-pad too).

I have a Samsung 226cw wide gamut and though the colors are great for movies and photographs (general viewing), it presents horrible problems in working sRGB Photoshop for doing real photo editing. Even with calibration, I got mine to be O.K. but certainly not as awesome as my DS263n.

If the NEC 2490 was $800, I think they would sell a lot more of them! The HP 2475 is a strong contender. I wonder if anyone has taken a good look at the DS 263w. Keep an eye on the anandtech lcd thread and let us know what you end up getting!

Rosss - thank you for the feedback and interest, I have not yet 100% determined what to do. I am sending the Planar back to CDW for sure but I am going out of state next week on vacation so i'm going to ask them to put a credit on my account and use the time to decide what to get next. I am thinking I may have over-reacted slightly to the wide-gamut issue, simply because with the broken d-pad, I could not adjust anything else and so couldn't try any further settings (like 9300k temperature settings that JakFrost has been experimenting with his LP2475w). So I am torn, do I:

Get another PX2611w, hope the backlight bleed is less and the d-pad stronger so I can actually get the settings how I want them
Get the 2490WUXi and satisfy my strong curiosity about how good that monitor is and put up with any input lag I come across while gaming (the only issue that concerns me other than price)
Try the LP2475w and play around with the settings and save myself some $$

Decisions, decisions...one thing is for sure, I will not stop returning monitors until I am finally happy with it and CDW have a great return policy and very good service up to now.

As long as you present your issues using complete sentences, compliment the company for their fine labors and emphasize that this problem must be outside the norm, and provide digital pics documenting the broken pieces - most companies will respond in a kind and helpful manner.

In the end it's probably as you state... decide what you want to do and then purchase the equipment to match those needs (and fit within your budget).

Rosss - thank you for the feedback and interest, I have not yet 100% determined what to do. I am sending the Planar back to CDW for sure but I am going out of state next week on vacation so i'm going to ask them to put a credit on my account and use the time to decide what to get next. I am thinking I may have over-reacted slightly to the wide-gamut issue, simply because with the broken d-pad, I could not adjust anything else and so couldn't try any further settings (like 9300k temperature settings that JakFrost has been experimenting with his LP2475w). So I am torn, do I:

Get another PX2611w, hope the backlight bleed is less and the d-pad stronger so I can actually get the settings how I want them
Get the 2490WUXi and satisfy my strong curiosity about how good that monitor is and put up with any input lag I come across while gaming (the only issue that concerns me other than price)

Decisions, decisions...one thing is for sure, I will not stop returning monitors until I am finally happy with it and CDW have a great return policy and very good service up to now.

Get the NEC, especially if the place you are buying it from has a good return policy. It's quite literally sex for your eyeballs.

If you have the budget to accord the NEC 2490 and you're willing to pay the extra money for the A-TW Polarizer and standard gamut display then by all means get that monitor. Forget about the input lag issue because it's bunk in my opinion.

If you want to spend $500 USD less on a monitor and are willing to deal with the slightly cooler and bluer hued colors at 9300K temperature and do not require very wide (60-degrees+) off-angle viewing ability by friends or coworkers that the A-TW Polarizer gives you then by all means get the HP 2475 and pocket the change.

To me after reading about the quality issues on the Planar and DoubleSight DS-265 (since the DS-263 is not available anymore) it really came down to two choices HP $500 and NEC $1,000. I looked at my budget and chose the one that I could afford.

I got the monitor and now I am happy with it, knowing full well the slight limitations it has. I prefer 9300K on all my CRTs and on this LCD since that's how I had them all set, I prefer ClearType disabled since that's how I was using Windows before, I use the monitor mostly myself so I can live without the A-TW Polarizer. I think that I got a very good value for my money and this monitor is just stunning in games.

If you have the budget to accord the NEC 2490 and you're willing to pay the extra money for the A-TW Polarizer and standard gamut display then by all means get that monitor. Forget about the input lag issue because it's bunk in my opinion.

It's bunk to a point. I've returned only one monitor in my life due to input lag, a 27" Samsung (can't recall the model number). I bought it locally from Future Shop on a whim (excellent return policy), knowing I could bring it back within 2 weeks no questions asked. I later learned it suffered between 50-60ms input lag, average. I actually felt it trying to play Modern Warfare, which is what led me to Google the numbers. There's no accounting for it. Individuals subjected to identical input lag will notice it more or less, dependent on the person. If there's any input lag on my HP, I sure as hell don't feel it.

It's bunk to a point. I've returned only one monitor in my life due to input lag, a 27" Samsung (can't recall the model number). I bought it locally from Future Shop on a whim (excellent return policy), knowing I could bring it back within 2 weeks no questions asked. I later learned it suffered between 50-60ms input lag, average. I actually felt it trying to play Modern Warfare, which is what led me to Google the numbers. There's no accounting for it. Individuals subjected to identical input lag will notice it more or less, dependent on the person. If there's any input lag on my HP, I sure as hell don't feel it.

The HP 2475 is in the 20-30ms (20-40?) range, and the NEC 2490 is 30-40ms. The lag is easily noticeable on my 2490 versus a Doublesight 263n using the window dragging test, but simple mouse lag is a bit harder to detect. The 263n does feel more responsive, but it's hard to tell how much of that effect comes from the larger screen.

Still, just because you can't consciously detect it doesn't mean it won't affect you. I wouldn't notice any lag if I didn't have a fast screen to compare with. Of course, in that situation I also wouldn't ever think about lag, so it would be fine.

Back