Looking for CPU fan to OC a Q6600

Hey guys-

My Q6600's performance has not been up to snuff for my audio and video rendering needs....I am thinking I want to OC it.

I am going to potentially upgrade my PC later on in 2011, so I want something that will last a good bit.

I'm not sure what size fan I can fit, but I'm really open to anything below $150. Suggest!

Almost every Q6600 will hit 3.0GHz on stock voltage.

Just try first with your current HSF setup and report the temps to us.

Buy a Megahelem for $30 or an old 775 Thermalright True for $40 and you could go higher than 3.0GHz.

Hey guys-

My Q6600's performance has not been up to snuff for my audio and video rendering needs....I am thinking I want to OC it.

I am going to potentially upgrade my PC later on in 2011, so I want something that will last a good bit.

I'm not sure what size fan I can fit, but I'm really open to anything below $150. Suggest!

It's not a fan you are looking for, its a heatsink and fan you are looking for. The Mega and TRUE that were suggest are good choices, you can also get a Venomous X for about $55, keep in mind you will need to pick up a 3rd party fan to use with most of these also, I would suggest one of the GT fans. These coolers also work with the 1156 and 1366 sockets, so if you upgrade to those you can carry the HS over. If you want something good, but looking to spend a good deal less, go with the 212 Plus, for the price it's hard to beat, and it comes with a fan as well.

if your upgrading soon and dont want to spend lots the Xigmatek HDT-S1283 keeps my q6600 nice and cool

I use a lapped TRUE with a scythe s-flex f fan. The fan runs at full speed 24-7 and is inaudible. Crazypc sells the cooler with fan, lapping, thermal compound and mounting options. That's where I got mine.

h50 for ~60 bucks. closed watercooler, not as good as true WC.
plus they give you brackets to use on other cpu's incase you upgrade

I got 3.1ghz easy with the stock fan.. i LOVE the stock fan because it's quiet.. don't even know my computer is on, need to check the light!

I recently put in a OCZ Vendetta that I got for free last year from microcenter.. added another additional fan to the other side of the heatsink for a push/pull. It's LOUD. still currently playing with my OC for more

Back