Looking for feedback from ViewSonic VG2230wm users

Rehevkor

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm looking into buying my first LCD to replace the aging ViewSonic Optiquest 19" CRT that I'm using now. Since ViewSonic seems well-reviewed and I have had a lot of good use out of this CRT, I thought I would stick with the same brand. The VG2230wm in particular caught my eye.

I'm happy with what I've read about it so far, but I need a little more information before I buy this. Can anyone who has used this monitor comment on how well it handles black levels? Are you able to play dark games such as Doom 3 or watch dark movies at a reasonable brightness level without color banding or muddying of the black areas on screen? I'm very picky about contrast, and blacks that are uneven or mostly dark gray annoy the hell out of me.

Thanks.

I've read all the reviews and the editors seem to like the display, but I'd also like to hear a little more about it if anyone has firsthand experience, especially compared to the SCEPTRE.

*bump* again. I find it hard to believe that no one on this forum owns this monitor, given how popular Viewsonic is.

Pretty funny you ask about this. I'm thinking about picking up the VG2235wm from Costco today for $299 and was looking for feedback here on the [H].

The user reviews from Newegg are absolutely glowing. I'm going to pick one up. I love the price drops recently.

Back