Looking for female fitting for my radiator

bitbum

Gawd
I just purchased this radiator from ~¥~ßLÅÇK~ÇîrǵT~¥~. It's a 3/8" copper tubing HVAC radiator, but has no fittings for hose attachment. Any one know where I could find a copper female adapter in G 1/4 BSPP or 9/16-18? That way I could thread a regular a Perfect Seal or High Flow fitting on it.

bitbum said:
I just purchased this radiator from ~¥~ßLÅÇK~ÇîrǵT~¥~. It's a 3/8" copper tubing HVAC radiator, but has no fittings for hose attachment. Any one know where I could find a copper female adapter in G 1/4 BSPP or 9/16-18? That way I could thread a regular a Perfect Seal or High Flow fitting on it.
What you have is either a condenser or an evaporator which are not designed for watercooling. You will be better off buying a purpose built rad or a heater core.

<no relation to topic> I'm sorry but I just got a laugh out of the title. Sounded like a singles ad. lol. Sorry for posting something useless. :(

Originally posted by: SiGfever
You will be better off buying a purpose built rad or a heater core.
Why don't you think it would work for water cooling?

SiGfever said:
What you have is either a condenser or an evaporator which are not designed for watercooling. You will be better off buying a purpose built rad or a heater core.

umm, yeah. :rolleyes:

bitbum said:
Why don't you think it would work for water cooling?

It will work just fine, within certian peramerters, the vast majority of which fall within the ones used for WC systems for computers. Put enough water and air through that "condensor" and it will do a bang up job of cooling. As effecient per square inch of suface as purpose built rads for WC? Probably not, but WHO CARES? It has more then enough cooling capacity to cool a computer system, and depending how it is assembled might even do it passively.

Anyways, for a fitting, go down to the hardware store they have the right fittings for this. If you don't mind soldering you can solder them on or us JB weld instead. The fittings you want are on the right side of the picture, the one with one of the fitting in the rad. You may need to use 2 fittings, one to increase the diameter, then attach the female thread fitting to that. Good luck.

rad3.jpg

topcat989 said:
umm, yeah. :rolleyes:

It will work just fine, within certian peramerters, the vast majority of which fall within the ones used for WC systems for computers. Put enough water and air through that "condensor" and it will do a bang up job of cooling. As effecient per square inch of suface as purpose built rads for WC? Probably not, but WHO CARES? It has more then enough cooling capacity to cool a computer system, and depending how it is assembled might even do it passively.

Anyways, for a fitting, go down to the hardware store they have the right fittings for this. If you don't mind soldering you can solder them on or us JB weld instead. The fittings you want are on the right side of the picture, the one with one of the fitting in the rad. You may need to use 2 fittings, one to increase the diameter, then attach the female thread fitting to that. Good luck.

rad3.jpg

:rolleyes:

Quote: SiGfever...
"You will be better off buying a purpose built rad or a heater core."

What you show in your pictures are "Heater Cores", NOT HVAC evaps or condensers!

Refrigeration coils use "U" bends to connect the tubing rows and the design is optimized for "evaporating" or "condensing" refrigerants not rejecting heat from flowing water.

SiGfever said:
:rolleyes:

Quote: SiGfever...
"You will be better off buying a purpose built rad or a heater core."

What you show in your pictures are "Heater Cores", NOT HVAC evaps or condensers!

Refrigeration coils use "U" bends to connect the tubing rows and the design is optimized for "evaporating" or "condensing" refrigerants not rejecting heat from flowing water.

:rolleyes: the pic is the only one I have that shows the fitting the OP wanted. Other then that, how does what pic i show have anything to do with what i said in previous post. What I said still stands. :rolleyes:

And I've used smaller condensors/evaporators, THEY WORK JUST FINE FOR WC COMPUTERS. End of story. ;)

topcat989 said:
:rolleyes: the pic is the only one I have that shows the fitting the OP wanted. Other then that, how does what pic i show have anything to do with what i said in previous post. What I said still stands. :rolleyes:

And I've used smaller condensors/evaporators, THEY WORK JUST FINE FOR WC COMPUTERS. End of story. ;)
Some one a little defensive?

I understand your many years of HVAC experience make you an expert on the subject. :D

Back