Looking for freeware floating or right click icon launch

urbanriot

Limp Gawd
I'm looking for suggestions on a quality freeware or open piece of software that allows you to have a floating dock of many icons to launch applications and folders with. I realize quick launch can do this, however I want a separate icon set from quick launch (as I functionally use quick launch) and it's not as configurable as I'd like.

Alternatively, I wouldn't mind some suggestions for a right click on desktop style launchpad, similar to Matrox video card tools that came with their drivers back in the NT days.

Thanks in advance!

Object Dock is great, but you need a good video card. Rocket Dock is great no matter what your video card you have, although it doesn't have all the frills that Object Dock does. Interestingly enough, they seem to be able to use each others skins. You may have to hunt down nice icons for your particular apps, but both use PNG files for icons, so there is a world of high quality icon imagery out there already.

PStart is a pretty good launcher that sits in the system tray.
http://www.pegtop.net/start/

Sorry, I should have mentioned I'm not looking for anything with eye candy at all. I want something light weight, fast, low on CPU and memory utilization... with functionality and efficiency over beauty.

Langford, your Pstart suggestion was right on the money. This is close to what I was looking for, and I like the portable option of it. If pstart could become really skinny and use small icons, I'd be in love.

If anyone else has any suggestions, feel free...
:)

... you know what, Rocket Dock is actually really impressive piece of software. Maybe I was too hasty in dismissing it because it looked pretty. It actually uses less RAM than Pstart, however I do like Pstart's note taking abilities.

Back