Looking for MPI (MPICH2) Resources

xSnowmaNx

Gawd
I have been fortunate enough to be selected for an internship at Argonne National Laboratory and I will be working on MPICH2 while I'm there. I haven't had any experience with parallel programming, so I've been looking around online for various resources and most of the things I have found are technical specifications and I'm not even sure that any of them are up to date. I was wondering if anyone knows of any good resources I should take a look at? I want to be able to know enough about the interface to sort of be able to just jump right into the work instead of going there and spending a week trying to figure out how everything works.

I don't really know where to start, but I feel like I should at least tinker around with the MPI and write a few programs of my own with it to get some understanding of how it works. My ideal resources would be ones that show me how the interface operates and shows me why the design was chosen and the implications of it.

One book that caught my eye was Parallel Programming With MPI by Peter Pacheco, but I'm not sure if this is what I'm looking for, and I definitely don't want to end up buying something that doesn't apply to me. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Back