Looking for some comfortable headphones

insane111

Limp Gawd
Most recently I tried the DT-880's due to their great reviews about how comfy they are, but as usual that proved false for me and had to return them.
A huge problem I have with most headphones is my ears rubbing against the inner part, this will make my ears very sore in a matter of minutes.
Heat also bothers me, previously I had a pair of closed leather headphones and the heat was unbearable.

I'm wondering if anyone else has the same issues and has been able to find a comfy pair. Preferably in the $200 or less range.

Last edited:
Audio Technica ATH-AD700X
Audio Technica ATH-AD900X
</thread>

Best for mellon heads. These have velour pads so they wont heat up your ears. They are also light as a feather. You can go hours and not notice them. Other headphones may have more bass but these produce very accurate sounds. The sound stage is wide and very accurate.

IF the Audiotechnica or Sennheisers do not fit you, then you are in a bit of trouble. Those and the AKG 701 are the largest cups outside of customs from headphile.

Thanks alll, I'll look them all over

IF the Audiotechnica or Sennheisers do not fit you, then you are in a bit of trouble. Those and the AKG 701 are the largest cups outside of customs from headphile.

Well to be specific the problem is the depth, not the width of the cuffs. For instance the DT-880/990's are quite shallow and I'm
pretty sure most peoples ears touch the inside. It doesn't bother most people, but for some people like me it's completely intolerable.

Well headphile does make extra deep cups. That will cost you a bit but I can vouch for them. I took the fabric mesh covering off of my 558 drivers and that gives me an extra 1" or so of space inside the cups. They are fairly deep.

I had AT AD900s and they were the least comfortable non-cheapie headphones I have EVER worn.

My DT990s are fairly comfortable, but not compared to my AKG Q701s (which also have a much different sound).

Had a set of Denon D2000s (now D5000s) and pads are the most comfortable closed headphones I've ever used. It's like having two pillows on your ears.

Had a set of Denon D2000s (now D5000s) and pads are the most comfortable closed headphones I've ever used. It's like having two pillows on your ears.

I've had both as well - shame they discontinued!

Back