Looking for some feedback... Enermax Noisetaker 485W

Mojo

[H]ard|Gawd
Here's my situation...

Sometimes in CS:S, my old Enermax 350w gives out and causes a reboot. Likely because my 6800GT is trying to eat too much power. It may also be generally holding back the card, and if I ever want a new HD or something I'll need to upgrade anyways so I figure I might as well get it over with and buy a new PSU.

Now, this is the model I was looking at from NCIX.com (Canadian prices): http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=13569&vpn=EG495P-VE&manufacture=ENERMAX

Enermax Noisetaker 485W. It has dual 12V rails, both rated at 18A each. Is this a good quality PSU, and will it provide enough energy for the components I currently have installed? And will it be able to take a few extra components also, like an extra HD or DVDrw in the future?

PS: I just noticed something on Speedfan. My 12V rail is only reporting about 11.25V on Speedfan, that's a bad thing right? What are the consequences of it? (Sorry I'm pretty much a PSU noob).

test it with a multimeter
on my enermax, I read always constantly 11.70-11.9 in speedfan/mbm/bios...

my multimeter on the other hand has it pegged at 12.19 dropping to 12.13 under load...

Back