Looking for the best TV for movies and animation

emir7

Limp Gawd
Hey guys, I'm looking for the best TV for movies and animation.
I'd like it to be VERY big (at least 60") and have the most vibrant colors for disney, pixar... movies. I also need it to be free of eye strain (I recently bought an iMac 27" retina which has an AMAZING screen but which for some reason causes me eye strain while watching movies, so I actually feel worse watching them than with a 17" TN panel).
It wouldn't be for gaming, though I might play something (just to try the experience). I have a ps2 and wii. I also like RTS games, but I insist it isn't its main purpose (it would be something like 90% movies; 10% video games). I want it 16:9.
I'd like no glare (Watching movies in darkness is not my thing...)

Budget: 5k dollars.

Thank you in advance!!!

I recently discovered OLEDs are supposed to be really good. Is the plasma you just mentioned better than those such as LG's 55-inch 55EC9300 OLED?

Better for motion handling and viewing angles. The OLED will have better blacks and "smart TV" functionality, if those are important to you.

I'd stay a away from me the first gen oled.

As far as eye strain? Watch less.

Yeah... and if I don't watch at all I'll be eye strain free :) Nice advice =P

Why should I stay away from those OLED? First generation, does it mean the LG 55EG960V (55", 4k) is ok cause unlike its 1080 brother it's not first generation?

Techhead, I'd use it as a monitor for my computer. Also, I hate glare/reflections and I love to be in a well lit room. Is the plasma you recommended me the best option for my purpose? (vs OLED and other options).

Yeah... and if I don't watch at all I'll be eye strain free :) Nice advice =P

Why should I stay away from those OLED? First generation, does it mean the LG 55EG960V (55", 4k) is ok cause unlike its 1080 brother it's not first generation?

Techhead, I'd use it as a monitor for my computer. Also, I hate glare/reflections and I love to be in a well lit room. Is the plasma you recommended me the best option for my purpose? (vs OLED and other options).

Because of the problems.

The first part wasn't advice, if your eyes are straining, that is your body's way of saying "stop that shit your doin brah."

The eye strain is probably due to having the display way too bright. Buy a colorimeter or pay for calibration. You also might want to check out an Ideal-Lume bias light by CinemaQuest (those Antec ones are garbage).

And no, you can't use a Plasma as a computer monitor. The static Windows desktop images will cause burn-in.

Back