Looking to upgrade my 6850.

deeplove

Limp Gawd
I'll be gaming on 1080p. I don't have much money and I'm looking to get a card under $275. Between the 7870 and the R9 270/270x, which is better? Is there anything else out there that I'll be able to get within/below the price range?

Game I'll be playing is Hearthstone, WoW, LoL and might will pick up BF4.

If I were you I would try to find a used 7970 for that price range. I have 7970's and a 7870 and the 7870 just couldn't keep up with bf4.

Hmmm... NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Definitely not now..... You'd be lucky to find a 7950 for less than $350....

My friend just bought four 7970's on Amazon for $308 after tax.

You just have to watch. I myself bought 7 R9 290's on Amazon for $430 over the last month.

Your insane if u pay anywhere near $300 for a 7870 or 270X. He'll I wouldn't pay $200 for them. Prices are outrageous on amd. You can get a gtx 760 for like $250 and beats both.

My friend just bought four 7970's on Amazon for $308 after tax.

You just have to watch. I myself bought 7 R9 290's on Amazon for $430 over the last month.

Do you and your friend press F5 every 5sec on Amazon, all day long...? :confused: :cool:

Do you and your friend press F5 every 5sec on Amazon, all day long...? :confused: :cool:

I just have one of the tabs in Chrome on autorefresh. I tab over every once in a while.

The cards are usually up a good 10 minutes before ppl notice them and they disappear. Just do an Amazon search, narrow it down to say R9 280's and then click "prime shipping" and then click "3GB RAM" and you'll only get a few results. Put it on autorefresh. If something pops up, it'll be from Amazon and reasonably priced. You want to filter out the non-prime vendors because you want to see a card from Amazon, not the 3rd party vendors since they are usually much more expensive.

I also picked up 2 7970's for around 300. When the deals pop up you have to be ready to buy immediately.

I found a MSI 760 for $250 a few blocks from my house. Should I just go for it? It's the Twin Frozr gaming 2gb one. Don't really have much more money for the card. Or should I just wait? I will try to get me Titanfall now. I really like how that game looks.

Back