Looking to upgrade my TV... Input appreciated

thesmelliestsock.

[H]ard|Gawd
Hello everyone,

It's been a while since I've delved in the TV market and was hoping to get some advice or recommendations on a good place to search for info. I currently have a Panasonic 47" LED TV 120hz 1080p model which I love. I used it for my primary television and also have an HDMI cord running through the wall with my PC on the other side so I can game with wireless controllers on the big screen. I run my PC games at 1080p and will continue to do so due to my monitor and hardware limitations.

I see that there are a lot of 4K models available on the market now - however I haven't even seen what it looks like in person with HD cable. I'll let the size of the new TV be the determining factor as far as what I'll spend. My primary question is, if I buy a new 4K TV and still use the computer with it at 1080p will everything look like crap and be distorted? I only run my games with VSYNC enabled at 60fps to prevent distortion. My TV is 120hz but I have that "feature" disabled because I hate watching regular TV with it enabled.

Are there any brands and models you guys recommend? I've been surfing slickdeals and I see good deals crop up for some pretty nice 60"+ TV's.

Thanks!

Back