Looky what I got Sony Bravia 46V2500

Lsv

Limp Gawd
16-06-08_1124.jpg

First crappy cell phone pic. I'm posting unboxing when I get home in 1.5-2 hours :cool:

i got the 34' model :) great LCD, however using the HDMI port in from a DVI to HDMI cable from DVI out, i notice an issues where text seems faded every 4 inches apart.. tv and all that is fine and DVD's but the DVI to HDMI and i have tried 2 diff cables, a nice $35 one and a cheap $10 one, same results, and using the VGA port in on it really looks like shit, refresh rate line can be seen an all.

but as a TV i do love mine

image quality is shit, i've yet to plug in my htpc

those b5 divx's are only 480p tops

lol

get some HD content and play it out, i watched the BBC series in HD and i was blown away!

I have that exact model. We bought ours at Circuit City, which (at the time) had a 30 day guarantee on HD sets, We "bought" 4 of them over 4 months, (a 2 Toshibas,Sharp, and then the Sony) and brought each one back because something bothered us. But, by far the Sony had the best color, and best range of view. You can almost watch this set at a 90 degree angle. One thing we did not like is the switching between analog and digital is not super easy or fast, but I have mine hooked up to a HTPC, so that's not really an issue.

And 1080 content does look great on this set, but SD Tv and recorded TV on the HTPC is nasty. I cant wait till D-tv comes out with the HD tuners.

Back