low 3dmark scores

shiffero

Limp Gawd
i have an
amd 3400+
6800GT
1 gig of ram

and i only got 2436 on 3dmark05 it seems very low when i cmpare to what other ppl get. i am using the 71.25 drivers.

WOW. Try remove the driver and run drivercleaner and reinstall a different driver. That is way low. My P4 3.2 @ 3.2 with 1gig of ram and a 6800U (470/1.27) I get 59XX. There is something definatly wrong. Also might want to try a clean reinstall.

You failed to mention if your games are performing smoothly or not. If they are, who cares? 3DMark is pretty much useless when it comes to benchmarking actual performance.

ricetek said:
470/1270 are you runnin stock voltage?

Yes. stock voltage. I will be going to 1.5v once I finish my wc system. and hopefully hit much higher. This card has great clock speeds. Very pleased with it.

Have you installed the chipset drivers? Someone had a similar problem on [H] recently with 3DMark 2003 and once they installed their chipset drivers, their marks went up significantly.

you scores are way to low, and it's a driver issue.

OK. i had the same problem and went through all this crap trying to fix it, wasting many many hours. the problem lies in people misinforming newbs to download the *latest* drivers.

do this:
1. download driver cleaner.
2. uninstall nvidia drivers in windows.
3. boot to safemode
4. use driver cleaner to remove all traces of previous nvidia video driver.
5. reinstall drivers that came with the card.

rerun the tests (game mode tests only)...this should fix it. if it doesn't it's probably some other issue with motherboard drivers or whatnot. when everything is stable and running, then experiment with the different drivers.

j0k3r said:
You failed to mention if your games are performing smoothly or not. If they are, who cares? 3DMark is pretty much useless when it comes to benchmarking actual performance.

uh you missed the point...in everyone of these threads i've read...some guy always make this smart, yet pointless, claim.

but this statement is meaningless in solving his problem. what the op wants is to maximize the performance of his rig. so what if his games ran smoothly, that wont always be the case for future games.

he didn't just pay $$$ on a system to achieve the performance of a $$ system.

in my opinion, 3dmark is the fastest and most convenient way to compare scores and/or diagnose performance issues of such, when score is so obviously inappropriate. maybe if he had said, i got a score of 4000 when other people get 4200. but this is much easier than if he just said, i got XXfps in half life 2. then we have to account for his settings, resolution, RAM, soundcard, etc...

I think you're missing your motherboard / AGP drivers.
If you're scoring that low.

(or you could be forcing AA/AF on in the drivers or something similar)

ok i ran it again after i installed lates drivers from nvidia and chipset drivers and got 2602, a slight improvement but nowhere near what i was expecxting.

heres the breakdown:
13.9 fps on first test
6.7 fps second
12.1 fps third

noiw heres where i think im getting the low score, but i might be wrong but i havent seen that many scores to know what it should be

cpu test:
0.5 pfs first
0.5 fps sceond
cpu score 730

shiffero said:
ok i ran it again after i installed lates drivers from nvidia and chipset drivers and got 2602, a slight improvement but nowhere near what i was expecxting.

heres the breakdown:
13.9 fps on first test
6.7 fps second
12.1 fps third

noiw heres where i think im getting the low score, but i might be wrong but i havent seen that many scores to know what it should be

cpu test:
0.5 pfs first
0.5 fps sceond
cpu score 730

Aye, way to low. Especially for the 71.25 drivers .

Seriously, the only thing I can think of is chipset drivers, unclean driver install, or a BIOS issue. Driver Cleaner it, install newest chipset drivers, and try to revert bios to a clean setting. After that? Hell, I'd clean install XP if I were in your position.

(edit...PLUS, Make sure you look at what chris said. Make sure AA/AF is not on in the driver control panel)

i just reinstalled all my chipset and videop drivers. im using the 66.93 from nvidia website. everything is not overclocked and bios is fine. i have turned off teh AA and AF settings manually so its not that. It might be my mobo, ima probably rma it anyway since the ethernet port doesnt work.
well have to see how that helps when i get the new one.

It is I, Mentok! Keeper of the 3DMark05 scores.

Your CPU scores are severely low. Really really really low.

Your graphics card's scores are low because your CPU is not performing.
Your CPU might as well be a 700 Mhz Pentium 3 or something.

That means there is a communication problem between your CPU and your motherboard, or that either your CPU or motherboard is faulty in a big way.

Here is a P3 project description in which he earned 996 points for his CPU.

shiffero said:
i just reinstalled all my chipset and videop drivers. im using the 66.93 from nvidia website. everything is not overclocked and bios is fine. i have turned off teh AA and AF settings manually so its not that. It might be my mobo, ima probably rma it anyway since the ethernet port doesnt work.
well have to see how that helps when i get the new one.

Seeing what you've done, I think that's your best bet. Especially seeing that something is funky with the mobo to begin with.

Best of luck to you! Let us know if sh$t's still funky afterwards.

(otherwise ^^^ a reinstall, if you haven't done it AFTER, would be the thing to do.)

one part is already defective? rma that bitch. wouldn't want to get screwed down the road.

or you could always do a reformat, and install all drivers that came with the hardware...these are drivers that are proven to work.

Bluemagic said:
Do a clean install of Windows XP and try it from a fresh start.

Ditto that - fresh install and see if that fixes it.
Be sure to install chipset drivers 1st.
Then patches, then miscellaneous other drivers.

And if its still low, RMA the board. And try again.

Back