M1730 resale value?

wxkid23

Limp Gawd
Hi,

Quick question:

Im considering buying a M1730 right now fully spec (X9000) that would come out to about $4500. I would really prefer to wait until this Fall when the mobile quad's and probably the 9800's show up in Dell's but I really am in a position that I need a laptop now. I have considered Sager but the form factor of the Dell and style is much more my taste. I usually like to keep my laptop's 3 years or so and im afraid by year 3 the 1730 is going to be performing much poorer in quad games (possibly even this year with some quad games like Fear coming and I have seen benchmarks of some quad games showing 30-40% increase over dual) and I have a feeling if I could get the quad+9800 I would be pretty set.

What do you guys think I could fetch for the M1730 as is on Ebay 12 months or so down the line? If I could probably get $3000 plus back then I'll probably go with this. I would probably remove the 2x200gb hard drives for privacy issues... would this decrease the value a great deal? If I woulden't be able to get much back, maybe the Vostro around $1300 is a better choice to hold me over.

Why spend so much when you can find it on the outlet side of Dell. I have seen the Core 2 extreme(2800) go for as little as 2300. If you can wait for a 15% dell coupon you can do alot better. There was one loaded with the 8800 GTX sli @ 1gb for 3000. I have also seen a few with sli and T7500 start at 1700. Usualy the stock updates at 40 mins every hour during the week. So ..8:40, 9:40, etc..

http://outlet.us.dell.com/ARBOnline...line/en/InventorySearch?c=us&cs=22&l=en&s=dfh

something about buying refurbished stuff scares me, if you're spending so much on a system already,, you want it to be perfect. Refurbished systems aren't always safe to buy

something about buying refurbished stuff scares me, if you're spending so much on a system already,, you want it to be perfect. Refurbished systems aren't always safe to buy

Actually, not so much anymore, ask anyone who bought a dell outlet refurbed one. theyre pleased as punch. Dell's idea of a scratch and dent is outrageous, you would be hard pressed to even find a scratch or dent. I surely wouldnt buy a laptop on craigslist or ebay, but a factory refurb'd with full warranty, i would sleep safely at night.

I'll mention it, but i cant find my sources for it, it was noted that Apple's refurb'd ipods actually have less troubles/issues than factory new ipods. someone back me up here.

ZNXWT5XDXSDZM9 New dell 15% outlet code. I had a problem with a screw rolling around in a M1710 and sent it back ,no cost to me. Then I have had one problem with a XPS gen2 I bought last year. Warranty on outlet products are 1 year and you can add years of extended warranty. They fixed it with no gripe at all, replaced mother board. I have personaly gone through 30 latptops and desktops in the last 3 years, keeping a few of em and selling alot on ebay . You are right about the scratch dents, usualy find nothing at all. Its your choice, save money or buy new.

Back