M200MKIII +10" sub

dcutbi001

n00b
I've had the Swans M200MKIII for about a year now and they are great. However, I finally deiced it was time to add a sub. I'm building a new PC and figured I'd throw the sub in with the price of the pc, my only concern is I'm not quite sure how the connections work.

I'm ordering this "6ft Premium 3.5mm Stereo Male to 2RCA Male 22AWG Cable (Gold Plated) - Black" and "BIC Venturi V1020 10" Powered Subwoofer 160W" hoping thats all I need. Can anyone let me know if I'm missing anything. My motherboard is an ASUS|SABERTOOTH P67 so I am going to hold off on a Soundcard or dac for now.

Advice?

Might put the sub a bit close but otherwise you are cool. Getting a sound card or dac will greatly improve the sound though. An entry level X-Fi is pretty decent.

ok thanks Spaceman, I'll end up getting a sound card but for now I just wanted to make sure this worked. I was worried that I may have been missing something.

Oh yeah. Make sure you change your sound settings in windows to 2.1 front speakers small. Run the test.

Another thing to do is play a song you are really familiar with that has a single voice singing and prominent like Johny Cash. If the voice sounds like it is in the center of your monitor then you have your speakers lined up correctly.

I will be posting my tower speakers as headphones setup soon.

Ok Thanks! Thats really good information to have, now I just have to wait until the 6th to get my goodies!

Back