M2N32-SLI Deluxe Issues

Riddlinkidstoner

Supreme [H]ardness
I came home today to find my rig didn't power on properly. I would hit the switch and it would power on for one second and immediately shut off. I took this time to disassemble the entire box and clean every component. After reassembling, same result. I then reset the cmos and it finally powered on only to get an error beep code. One long and three short. I researched this beep code to find its related to a graphic card memory error.

I then hopped on craigslist and found 2 260GTX's for $180. I went ahead and picked those up and decided to try them. I installed both of them. Same error code. Installed one each. Same error code. I pulled my 5450 from my HTPC and it finally POSTs only to give a CMOS error. I continued into windows and noticed its running strangely. USB doesn't fully work properly and it seems to run sluggish. I also swapped the ram with my HTPC with the same results. I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers and restarted the computer to find it wouldn't POST again until I reset the cmos. I installed my 5830 and 260's in my HTPC to find they work properly so I've come to the conclusion that it is indeed the motherboard. I swapped the PSU as well with the same result.

So my question is that would a bios update fix this or should I just go and buy a new motherboard? Also any recommendations for an AMD SLI DDR2 motherboards?

Well a BIOS update certainly can't hurt at this point. Also replace the CMOS battery just to rule that out.

But if you want a AM2+ SLI DDR2 motherboard, you're gonna be SOL there.

I tried to update the bios. Ez flash doesn't open any directories. Asus update won't install due to funky issues. Also replaced the cmos battery.

Well damn. I guess I am SOL.

Any chance that mobo is still within the three year warranty?

I had the same problems. This was the end result.

I beleive their was a dust bunny trapped behind the mb.

Interesting. Unlikely its within the warranty and even if it is, I bought it second hand with no box or paperwork. I'm going to take it apart and see whats underneath those pipes.

EDIT: I removed the heatpipes and found no evidence of damage. On a site note, I picked up an NF980-G65 and 4GB of Kingston HyperX 4GB DDR3 from Frys yesterday only to find it won't POST either. Not even a beep.

Blah.

Last edited:
Back