Mac Finder for PC.

PLmatt91

Limp Gawd
Not sure if this is the right section to post this in... But I am looking for the Mac taskbar like Mac's have. The Finder bar really. I'm trying to achieve that look on my PC but I want to keep everything the same in a sense, just to change that bar. Any FREE software I can download to emulate this look?

Thanks,

-Matt.

Besides that. I tried it and I didn't want that, it was hard for me. I just want the Finder bar, not the whole emulator.

Google, download and install UXTheme 4.0 patch. You should be able to find it on the Neowin forums. This allows you to use user-created visual styles. From there you can look through the Neowin Visual Style forums for the Apple theme or browse through DeviantArt. Move visual Style files into C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes. Then access your display properties and hit the Apperance tab. Select visual style under 'Windows and buttons.' Hit 'Apply.

Voila.

synergyo1 said:
Google, download and install UXTheme 4.0 patch. You should be able to find it on the Neowin forums. This allows you to use user-created visual styles. From there you can look through the Neowin Visual Style forums for the Apple theme or browse through DeviantArt. Move visual Style files into C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes. Then access your display properties and hit the Apperance tab. Select visual style under 'Windows and buttons.' Hit 'Apply.

Voila.

I have that. I want the FINDER TASKBAR, not just the taskbar, with the File, View, Edit, Go, Window, Help.

PLmatt91 said:
I have that. I want the FINDER TASKBAR, not just the taskbar, with the File, View, Edit, Go, Window, Help.
There is no Finder "bar" for Windows.

There have been some in the past (none of them actually worked the way they should have), but I wouldn't recommend trying any of them out (I know one was created for older systems running Windows 95 and 98).

I know there is Object Bar but I didn't like how that worked cause I could never find the right one like they had in the screenshots. And it's more confusing.

In Mac OS, you have applications and these applications contain windows. In Windows, you have windows and these windows ARE applications. (Haha, "windows" three times in a single sentance!)

Because of fundamental differences in how the UI works, the single menu bar system simply does not work in Windows.

Well, is there any thing that I can get the look for? lol I'd only use the Windows Logo on my keyboard for the start button, or maybe if I'm lucky, I'd use the other thing like Mac's have.

ALMOST GOT THE WHOLE MAC LOOK!

And yes, the icons work. I substituted iTunes for Winamp, Safari for Opera. I want the Mac taskbar now, with the File, View, Go, Help, etc.

Close.

I found 1 today. It's called finderbar, one word. Google it and select the top entry.:)

Back