Macbook Keyboard Problems

Kortiz DZ

Limp Gawd
What possible user error could be causing my keyboard to malfunction for me on my Macbook.

Typically, I'm doing more than 1 thing at a time. Watching football and posting on a webforum and then going into the kitchen to get a beer.

When I get back, my screen has begun its power saving mode.

3 or so times so far in the last 2 days, I'll bring my computer back to bright to begin posting or typing on aim and for whatever reason, my keyboard doesn't want to work.

Am I pushing buttons on the keyboard that is causing this? Is the power saving option preventing my keyboard from 'waking up' or is it something completely unrelated?

Has this happened for anybody else? I've had this laptop for almost 2 weeks now...Awesome in all aspects thus far....but this could begin to piss me off.

Leopard? I think I remember this being a semi-common problem with laptops in Leopard a few days ago. No fix at the time of my reading other than a reboot.

My 2.2 MBP does this as well with Leopard, I've read of a few other instances. I just updated to 10.5.1 yesterday, and so far so good, but it was very intermittent, so we'll see. Try the Software Update.

There we go...

This is now the 5th or 6th time that I haven't been able to type.

Doing the software up date.....NOW THAT I CAN ACTUALLY TYPE IN MY PASSWORD TO DO SO!

what model (exactly) macbook do you have?

Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook3,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 800 MHz

If you have apple store nearby, I'd recommend taking it in and having them take a look at it, otherwise give applecare a call. If you upgraded with 3rd party memory, I would *highly* recommend taking it out and reinstalling the stock apple memory before you get the computer looked at.

Back