Macintosh Pirate Flag Reincarnated as Art

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
The iconic flag that once adorned the Apple headquarters back in the day when the fledgling business was viewed more as a rogue company than today’s slick, polished corporation is about to make a reappearance. The original designer of the Macintosh pirate flag is re-introducing the hand painted pirate flag as artwork for those with deep pockets. Har, Har, Har :D

Thats a far more fitting logo for what the company has become, a money hungry, customer unfocused, ethically challenged (business wise).

Kare's flags are hand-painted and come in 3-by-5 foot or 4-by-6 foot sizes priced at $1,900 and $2,500, respectively. The pieces are considered art and not intended for outdoor use.

Yeah...I thought hey they can't be THAT much. Boy, was I wrong.

"...slick, polished, company..." I like that, because it's pretty funny when you consider that it ought actually to read:

"...slick, polished, cell-phone company".....:)

Thats a far more fitting logo for what the company has become, a money hungry, customer unfocused, ethically challenged (business wise).

They have become the very thing they fought against.

"...slick, polished, company..." I like that, because it's pretty funny when you consider that it ought actually to read:

"...slick, polished, cell-phone company".....:)

Is there a company that has a more diverse and popular product line? I'm asking because you seem to be knowledgable in these matters.

Okay, this has got to be one of the dumbest things to spend money on. I mean I'm usually all for free choice as to what someone spends money on, but this isn't even art. It's not even an "original design" by an "original designer". It's not like each piece will necessarily be unique, and you don't necessarily know how the creator makes it. Either way, hand painting a photo copy of something that isn't original... Okay yeah you know what? No. I'm sure considering how stupid a lot of the Mac crowd is, this is actually a brilliant idea. I'm sure that this "original designer" was one day going "you know, I really need something to just cash in on". Yep, hats off. Obscure flag to a large company with a notoriously overpaying consumer base that loves to show off their love of what they're overpaying for by doing free advertising. Yeah. Actually this might go somewhere. Okay. Brilliant. Very evil, but brilliant.

As for me (if I wanted this stupid design somewhere in my house), I would take png/jpg/whatever of that flag, submit it to a fabric printing service and then be done with it.

Is there a company that has a more diverse and popular product line?
I know you probably didn't mean it, but you should see some of the weird stuff major companies make. GE, Honda, Mitsubishi, Fuji Heavy Industries (Subaru), Northrop Grumman, DuPont, heck, even Nike...

In this day and age, the rainbow colors will be attractive to a pirate of another sort.

Yeah...I thought hey they can't be THAT much. Boy, was I wrong.

Arts a fickle subject about who rather than what. You look at some pieces which you think a 5 year old could create a better thing than the artist, yet it goes for thousands (if not more), while you browse other people who can create some awesome stuff, but probably couldn't get a job for more than $30k a year as an artist.

Arts a fickle subject about who rather than what. You look at some pieces which you think a 5 year old could create a better thing than the artist, yet it goes for thousands (if not more), while you browse other people who can create some awesome stuff, but probably couldn't get a job for more than $30k a year as an artist.

Or like, that invisible art not long ago...

Back