MadCatz SF4 TE fightstick: a few Qs

deanx0r

Limp Gawd
I am about to take the plunge on the MadCatz SF4 TE stick. I know the Xbox and PS3 versions are both compatible with PC, but are they compatible between each other?

Can I just plug the PS3 version into a X360 and have everything running just fine?

No you cannot, 360 version works with 360, PS3 works with PS3.

360 version would be your best bet if you want to dual mod or no incompatibility issues with PC.

Ah, thanks for the heads up. I have most of my games on PS3, but I thought it would be nice if I could drop my stick at some parties when they are playing on X360.

You can use the PS3 version with a PC? Are you sure about that?

I am sure about that because I'm using both my SE/TE (PS3) versions on my PC which is compliant with the USB 1.1 Intel chipsets have. I use it for both my fighting games on PS3/PC (SFIV mainly, but I play a lot of BlazBlue as well, with some MVC2 on the side).

Nvidia chipsets are not compatible with the PS3 version. People needed to buy a PCI card (Which I don't remember what now) to use the PS3 version if thats the only one they have.

You can use the PS3 version with a PC? Are you sure about that?

From what I read, it only works with UHCI (Universal Host Controller Interface) USB which Intel and VIA chipsets support. AMD and nVidia chipsets are SOL unless you buy some add-on UHCI card.

It's a bummer madcatz didn't make those cross platform compatible. I do some equal share of gaming among friends between ps3 and x360. I am just not very fond of my x360 since it's RRoD on me.

I love my madcatz sf te stick, wouldnt change it for anything else. The last stick i've had before this one was an old school playstation 1 namco arcade stick. Still have it, but the buttons have failed on me. I'd still be using the namco if those damn buttons worked.

Or you can buy one and do it yourself, not that hard you can get help at the shoruyken tech forums.
http://www.gamingnow.net/diy/circuit-boards/assembled-cthulhu

I've been a member of SRK for many years. I just never found myself having much time to do it, plus TE stick is the cheapest out there if you want genuine parts. The base is more than good enough.

Maybe when I find myself having lots of spare time I'll buy some sanwa's/PCB's and do it myself.

Doh! I meant the Xbox 360 and PS3 compatibility in one stick. Like the TE stick, all you do is buy the cthulu board and get the soldering.

Doh! I meant the Xbox 360 and PS3 compatibility in one stick. Like the TE stick, all you do is buy the cthulu board and get the soldering.

Oh yeah, thats what I meant in my first post. I recommended getting the 360 version so you can dual mod it easier than getting the PS3 stick.

Back