Madden 09 CE

SuX0rz

[H]ard|Gawd
Anyone thinking about getting the XX CE version? I think I might because it comes with Head Coach 09 and Madden 94. I've never played Head Coach, but a least with it I will be able to create my own plays and playbook and export them to Madden. I love the retro Maddens, so getting Madden 94 is pretty cool.

Thoughts?

yea if your fucking retarded ! lol :p

it comes with 3 games for 90 bucks so its really not that bad of a deal. i never liked madden's much i was more into espn football until the got bought out. i did however play it on the pc last year in leagues online with constant roster updates and it was very fun. unfortunately ea will not be releasing it for the pc this year. madden 94' was awsome, whenever there was a injury on the field and ambulance would drive out running over all your players.

what 3 games does it come with ???

i just think 90 dollars for a game that comes out every year with little improvement is stupid

As I stated in my original post: Madden 09, Head Coach 09, and Madden 94. Head Coach is going to retail for $60 by itself. So, $90 for two full price games isn't so bad. $45 a pop. The deal is a little sweeter for me because I have $20 gamestop credit. So really, I'll be spending $70.

But I guess I'm just an f-ing retard... :rolleyes:

And, I know that ESPN was better, but it is the only football game in town. I love football games, so I buy it every year.

Madden 94's actually one of if not the best games in the whole series.
It fixed some of the nonsense from 93 (Emmitt Smith being invincible being one problem) and really was one of the most competetive and balanced sports games ever.
I dunno much about the new Madden, but I certainly hope it's less buggy than NCAA 09 is. That game is apparently as flawed and buggy as Ultimate Mortal Kombat was.
Personally, I'd just settle for realistic offense for the first time in a decade, though. The 3D Madden's always have too many exploitable passes because they handicap all of the DBs.

I loved 94 also. From what I hear, EA updated the rosters for 09...so madden 94 version 2009. I also would be content with Super Tecmo Bowl as well. :)

I'm kindasortamaybe nostalgic about the older Madden titles, but I don't think I'm going to plunk down $90 for two games (from what I know of Head Coach, it probably wouldn't appeal to me).

I already Pre-paid for my Madden 09 CE, though I admit I perfer 2k football games, like NFL 2k5, but unfortunately I have to buy EA, this year looks like much improvement thankfully both in Madden and Head Coach, though I wonder if Head Coach will let me run the Twin QB offense like the A-11 http://a11offense.com/ and import the playbook into Madden? One can wish right...

I already Pre-paid for my Madden 09 CE, though I admit I perfer 2k football games, like NFL 2k5, but unfortunately I have to buy EA, this year looks like much improvement thankfully both in Madden and Head Coach, though I wonder if Head Coach will let me run the Twin QB offense like the A-11 http://a11offense.com/ and import the playbook into Madden? One can wish right...

You will be able to import your created playbook from Head Coach to Madden. That is the real reason I want both, so that when I get sick of the stock Madden playbooks EA hasn't changed for years, I can make my own. As far as the A-11, I doubt it. I don't think that any NFL teams run an offense like that. Looks more like a college system, and in the NFL every team wants a single, team leading, quarterback. I think the A-11 would cause too much controversy. It would bee cool though if the play editor was flexible enough to allow you to create such a system though. I not going to get my hopes up.

I've noticed that there is a lot of improvements in Madden 09 as well. Supposedly there are 85 new changes...we will see if any of those are any good. From what I saw in some of the videos the graphics look even better than last year. One thing I did notice, and it drives me crazy, is that EA still hasn't done any improvement to special teams. You would think in an age with Devin Hester that EA would have made a few more special teams plays other than Receive, Kick, and Onside Kick.

@ SuX0rz

That is good to know that I can import playbooks into Madden from Head Coach where I can try them out. A-11 is a dream, imagine having players similar to V. Young and M. Vick (without the dog abuse) as your twin QB with 3 linemen and 6 wideouts, WOW! This would change the NFL in some respects like the west coast offense did, though eventually there would a solid defense to handle it, but the first year would be like a whole team of rookie Randy Moss's, hard to defend against.

This would change the NFL in some respects like the west coast offense did, though eventually there would a solid defense to handle it, but the first year would be like a whole team of rookie Randy Moss's, hard to defend against.

More like the team would get annihilated by the first competent defense they came across. Watched the linked vids on alloffense.com, its not very impressive in terms of end results...

More like the team would get annihilated by the first competent defense they came across. Watched the linked vids on alloffense.com, its not very impressive in terms of end results...

yeah cause it is High School football, not professionals :) who really do make a difference.

Feel that quantum leap in visual quality!

madden93.gif

well the madden series kinda sucks don't you think ?
i mean they haven't really improve much other than a roster update , packaging, and maybe the graphics slightly? Well i guess you can say the new grass on the field looks cool
but is it really worth the $60.00 ??? i guess is the real question?

That A-11 offense too new for games. The only reason most people know of it is because of those videos from Yahoo last week. I think it's one of those things that might work in high school or even college (no major conference stuff yet) but in the pros you'd have your skilled players getting blasted on every play.

well the madden series kinda sucks don't you think ?
i mean they haven't really improve much other than a roster update , packaging, and maybe the graphics slightly? Well i guess you can say the new grass on the field looks cool
but is it really worth the $60.00 ??? i guess is the real question?

It is when you are addicted to football like I am. :D

I guess iam just pissed off because last year the only decent verison was on the 360
the other verisons were buggy or ran crappy less than 60fps

Back