Madden 2007 Rocks!

Ingonuts13

[H]ard|Gawd
I love this new version. The graphics got a bit of an upgrade and the new Superstar mode is pretty cool so far. I only wish EA would support resolutions higher than 1600x1200.

Using max settings with SLI AA x16 and it looks so pretty.

I don't understand why EA refuses to let PC gamers with capable PCs play at 360-quality graphics or even better...

I know for a fact my computer is capable of such "feats" (examples: Oblivion, Tomb Raider Legend, Condemned)...

i found what i think is a bug. on PC version using PS2 usb adaptor it wont let u set a timeout button (it leaves it as ??? on config). then when using instant replay i had to ctl alt del :( as i couldnt exit that mode. overall i think its a great game

I'm enjoying it so far.

They made it look a bit nicer this year, and the gameplay seems alot smoother. The lead blocker thing is cool in its own little way, defintely takes some getting used to though.

My only complaint so far, is that it seems like every damn kicker is nailing 50-55yd FG's like its a chip shot.

Donar said:
My only complaint so far, is that it seems like every damn kicker is nailing 50-55yd FG's like its a chip shot.

You can tune this down manually if you don't like that in the settings.

Has everyone tried Superstar mode yet, I made a QB that was drafted as a #2 for the Jets right now and am really enjoying it. The fact that you cannot call your own plays in this mode does kind of suck, but then again, I do not think a rookie would be able to do so anyways.

....but the manual/guide stinks. This is trivial...put when you're in fantasy draft mode, what do the little icons mean next to some of the players? Things like the foam finger, the blue "i", etc. Some of them are intuitive, some leave me thinking "huh?"

John

All I've really played so far is Superstar mode and I'm really enjoying it. Big improvement over last year. I'm a running back and got drafted by the Panthers. Started from day 1. Take that Foster and Williams!

I've played a little with a QB, LB and FS but I haven't gotten the hang of those yet. Once I get a better updated roster I'll run a franchise with the Packers. But EA's rosters suck so bad that I download updated ones from another site.

The18thLetter said:
I don't understand why EA refuses to let PC gamers with capable PCs play at 360-quality graphics or even better...

I know for a fact my computer is capable of such "feats" (examples: Oblivion, Tomb Raider Legend, Condemned)...

Profit. The time, money, and resources it would take to properly fine-tune a title for the PC is not worth it compared to a fairly quick port that costs little money yet sells units just as well.

Madden 2007 is #1 on the sales charts right now even with its non-optimization. If they spent more time and money it's not like it's going to be #0.5 on the sales charts or something.

I think you will see the new graphics engine next year. For me, yes it would be nice to have them, but that by no means ruins the game that it doesn't. Madden is still Madden and this year's installment is the best yet.

Yah, im still playing the hell out of it, only thing thats bad now, is after getting used to and good with the lead blocker control, it can be completely overpowered :eek:

Donar said:
Yah, im still playing the hell out of it, only thing thats bad now, is after getting used to and good with the lead blocker control, it can be completely overpowered :eek:

I am actually stubborn and have not used it much at all. I have not really needed it yet since I have Kevin Jones over 1000 yards about 13 games into the season already.

so it's a ton better than madden 06, 05, 04, 03 etc etc? all the same to me, i dont get it.

I love it too. Graphics look great, the field looks like real grass and the performance is butter smooth at 1280x1024 6xaa/16xaf HQ (on an 8ms LCD) with all settings maxed!

dnottis said:
I love it too. Graphics look great, the field looks like real grass and the performance is butter smooth at 1280x1024 6xaa/16xaf HQ (on an 8ms LCD) with all settings maxed!

Exactly my point. I am running everything maxed with SLIx16AA and runs smooth as butter.

I think that it is a more realistic game than the last 3 or 4 years. I usually can take any team to the superbowl right out of the box but with '07 I havn't been able to do it. I still am struggling with it. Not as good at playing it as the last 3 years.

The manual was a joke especially since there was a lot of new feature\controls this year. I play the 360 version and kind of miss the old mingames. The new ones don't really make you a better player just how coordinated you are at moving the sticks up and down.

Back