"Madden" Game Picks Patriots to Win Super Bowl

HardOCP News

[H] News
Why bother going to a Super Bowl party today when all you need is a copy of Madden NFL 08 to predict the winner for you? Yeah, we know this is all in good fun and shouldn’t be taken seriously but it will be interesting to see if the Madden predictions are even close.

A simulation of this Sunday's championship game run in "Madden" by publisher Electronic Arts Inc showed the Patriots taking an early lead with a pair of touchdowns by running back Laurence Maroney. The Giants pulled within one point in the third quarter, but a pass from quarterback Tom Brady to receiver Randy Moss helped make the Patriots the first team to record a perfect 19-0 season, EA said in a statement.

Comments

After all this hype, I'm going to laugh so hard if they end up losing their perfect season to the Super Bowl. :p :D

It would be a miracle if the Giants won,but I'd love to see it. And believe me,you have no idea how hard that is to say for a lifelong Eagles fan! But the Patriots have turned into the Empire,complete with a coach who'd do the Emperor proud,and a once likable quarterback who seems to have become as arrogant as Anakin Skywalker.

Tom Brady > Jesus. How can you not like him? I am from RI originally but now I am in Philly. Eagles fans are so bitter at the Pats. I dunno why,,,

The interesting thing is they have nailed the winning team a few years in a row.

I just can't get excited about the Super Bowl this year. I am probably not even going to watch it, which will be a first for me.

not a huge Patriot fan, but i would like to see them finish undefeated.

but overall it is not a SB that i am excited about, just wanna see some history made.

Madden does entertain me, as does Madden Football.

Well it did predict the Brady --> Moss pass that changed the game quite a bit, just didnt predict that awesome comeback!

gotta admit i wasnt exactly pumped for this years super bowl either...the halftime show was full of complete fail...tom petty and football riiiight....at least the second half was entertaining...the last minute was even the best ive seen in a while just wish the whole game was like that

Tom Petty is more manly then Janet Jackson and Britney Spears.

Tom Petty sounded fantastic, and played a great set. It's nice to see bands that can still play live.

Tom Petty & the last 6 minutes of the 4th Qtr were about the only entertaining moments... :eek:

I'm really happy I ended up watching the game. Fantastic finish. Bill Belichick is classless for walking out of the stadium before the final snap though. :rolleyes:

As a Packers fan, I gave the Giants the Green Light for moving on and being the soul team that could upset the Pats.

Any team that could play the PACK in -26 below and win is good in my book.

The Pats folded if you ask me.

BTW
the superbowl commercials sucked

The Giants defense dominated the Pats with brute-force. Tom Brady was on the ground more during this Super Bowl than the entire season combined. And give the Giants credit for taking chances and putting some air in the ball, and not depending on the running game.

EA HORRIBLE GAME MAKER

ELI SUCKS AND will never win again !!

As a Packers fan, I gave the Giants the Green Light for moving on and being the soul team that could upset the Pats.

Any team that could play the PACK in -26 below and win is good in my book.

The Pats folded if you ask me.

BTW
the superbowl commercials sucked

Hey there fellow packer fan! good to see im not the only one here

I was cheering for the Giants all the way after they took down the Pack . I am so happy that the giants won. They took out 2 really tough teams on the way there and if there and they shown that they deserve it. Well played game

Both teams did a great job on defense, requiring long drives. The first drive by the Giants was just incredible, the only thing better would have been a touchdown at the end, but they ate up great clock time. Both teams made good progession down the field multiple times. There may not have been very many spectacular plays, but it was all just good football all around.

There was a football game today? :eek:

Oh well. All the same to me.. not a fan of the game. :eek:

But oh boy did I get to hear about it (working security) on the company radio, and the two dozen or so condo's with parties going on shouting all at once (the Giants comeback, that is)

As I look back on the day, all I can think is "$@&#, I should have gone to the store while the nation was watching the game." Followed by "Isn't the Giants a baseball team?"

Anyway. Back to work. Monkey's gota walk his circles. (This place doesn't want security, they want a merry-go-round.)

The Giants nearly defeated the Patriots in the last game of the season. They took down two powerful offenses in the lead up to the Super Bowl and some how, this was a surprise (OK... maybe a little bit of a shock). Defense wins football games. Perhaps EA should consider it in their programming.

Whoops. Great game anyways.

They should've had Frank Calliendo wearing his Madden getup at the superbowl.

oops!
Sorry EA, make a better game. (and not just madden) lol

Great game though, the Giant's defense was awesome!

I didn't even know EA still made games. I thought they just recycled the same old crap.... Ohhhh....haha....:D Congrats to the Giants on a well-played win.

EA eats babies and shouldn't be taken even into consideration.. Giants got it baby... :D

Frank Caliendo picked the Giants to win while Terry Bradshaw, Jimmy Johnson, and Howie Long picked the Pats. Looks like the fake Madden wins!

...showed the Patriots taking an early lead with a pair of touchdowns by running back Laurence Maroney...

LOL did the game factor in the Giant's defense, which completely shut down NE's running game and pounded Brady all night?

While I feel for the Pats having a perfect season only to lose the big game, I am glad the Giants won for a a few reasons: 1). The media (especially ESPN) was trouncing NY, stating that it'd be an easy win for NE, 2). I think the Pats bought into the media hype cause based on a few interviews I read, they were already claiming victory in the most arrogant of ways and 3). My boss was a die-hard Giants fan and for the last ten years he would purchase season tix only to be disappointed each year. Unfortunately he died of cancer last year and never got to see his beloved Giants make it all the way, so above all I was rooting for 'em in his memory.

Some folks state how boring the game was but the fact that this game was boring the first half is news itself. From the Giant's long first-quarter run, to their defense holding NE within reach, to some some amazing "pure will" plays (including some solid completions by Toomer), this superbowl was good football. That said: it makes me so happy when the established "experts" are wrong and they have to eat crow the day after! ^_^

- James

touching to hear about u honoring the boss. Glad they won too. Brooklyn native here myself so you know where my heart is :)

Giants 17, Patriots 14.
Boston police today reported finding a body in the Charles River.

The victim apparently drowned due to excessive alcohol consumption.

He was described as wearing black fishnet stockings, a red garter belt, a pink wig, a strap-on dildo, a Patriot's jersey, and had a cucumber stuffed up his ass.

The police graciously removed the Patriot's jersey to spare the family unnecessary embarrassment.

Back