Main Page + IE7beta 2 - Problems anyone else?

MrGuvernment

Fully [H]
Hey all,

Using IE7Beta 2 and every now and then, not always, the main page does not render right - it appears rather, well, screwed

I was curious if this is a coding issue with Ie 7 - i know it is beta, but curious if anyone else has seen this, or is it just me ?

this applies to www.hardocp.com

image:
http://fuzzy.phpwebhosting.com/~mathiau/mathiau/misc/Hmain.jpg

Hmain.jpg

doesn't happen to me at all, never. Are you using the latest build of IE7 Beta 2?

No problems here. Did you use XP 64 bit? If so, there is a fix out for IE7.

Also, I think this belongs in Operating systems or in general software.

Beta software

I get problems like that, with the ads in opera every day. The stupid newegg adds will render right in the middle of the page, if there is a large image in the thread.

This also happens to me, but with Opera, and on the forums. When I click back, reminents of the page I just clicked are overalpping the main forums page, but aren't clickable. They go away with a scroll.

k, yeah latest IE7 beta - it is not too bad, i know where the forum button it still :D

I always get a problem where my cookies will be cleared randomly and i have to retype my username/passwords everywhere :(:rolleyes:

no problems with IE7..only with beta 1 where stuff wasnt compatible but beta 2 was a GREAT improvement and the latest build of beta 2 is even better...you guys must be doing something wrong :p

MaXimus666 said:
I always get a problem where my cookies will be cleared randomly and i have to retype my username/passwords everywhere :(:rolleyes:
anyone has a solution for this? i'm really tired of it :(

and no i do not want to switch to firefox

whats the opposite of fire? Water? What is the opposite of fox? hound? We should come together and make a new browser called waterhound "surf the net" LoL

lol

I noticed the only time the front page does this for me now is as soon as i mouse over a link.

I have the same problem on boht my desktop and laptop using the most recent IE7 beta 2 build. It loads fine, and then the upper part of the page gets mangled.

To update, I have this problem with IE7 Beta 3 as well. The same issue. Is it because of flash?

Deam said:
To update, I have this problem with IE7 Beta 3 as well. The same issue. Is it because of flash?
No, it's IE, not flash. Embedded objects like flash don't get to decide where on a page they are displayed, they are just given control of a box. IE7beta treats CSS a little differently than IE6 or Firefox, so pages will have to be adjusted when IE7 is declared complete.

It doesn't do it to me with Beta 2 at work. But like others have said try Beta 3, and if that doesn't satisfy it head to FireFox.

I"m curious as to why this is not a "common" problem if its particular to IE7. It happens with both my laptop and desktop, but others seem to have no issue. Very strange indeed.

I seen this happen with ad/banner blocking. IE7 seems to hose on it too.

Back