Make this machine the peppiest it can be...

Kil4Thril

2[H]4U
I have an Atom 330 with 2 GB and WD 640GB (AAKS). It is running on-board 945G and Realtek GigaBit:mad:. Anyway, I need the best performance for surfing and Flash/Facebook-type stuff. Windows 7 Ultimat.

Where do I start?

If you're planning on watching HD flash content, pretty ditch the Atom 330 altogether

Install Firefox with Flashblock. This will allow you to view flash content selectively, but not get slowed-down by all the flash ads.

which atom 330 board.. If you can put in a discrete video card then that will be the biggest thing.. If not then install ubuntu netbook & it will fly.

I have an Atom 330 with 2 GB and WD 640GB (AAKS). It is running on-board 945G and Realtek GigaBit:mad:.

Before you ask, your ISP is more of a determining factor regarding bandwidth than the particular brand/manufacturer of your Ethernet port.

More RAM, 2GB will not be enough for these days.

I disagree, you only need 4GB+ if you're doing actual work with your computer, or if you are a 3D gamer.

1GB of ram is enough for a web browsing-only machine (the machine I've used for years for pure browsing has only 1GB), and 2GB gives you plenty of breathing room.

I've taken all suggestions, and my connection is great (24 down, 5 up, 7-9ms measured). Opera seems to be the best on this one for some odd reason. It works splendidly. It's mostly an extra parts machine for me and the fiance to use since we're both currently unemployed. We can both do stuff.

Back