Malware, virus on Android vs iPhone

Apple fans are telling me to stay clear of Android because of the signficantly higher risk of virus, malware, etc. etc.

Should I be worried?

Not if you have any common sense in what you install and where you install it from.

Are you using an iMac/Macbook because you're afraid of malware too? If not, then I wouldn't worry about it. This is why every app is required to tell you what permissions it has before you install it, if you're not comfortable with its permissions to see your contacts or modify SD card content (or anything else), then don't install it.

You have nothing to worry about from something installing itself on your machine. You have to be stupid enough to say "Yes mister virus, I will let you install on my phone." On top of that you have to go searching for said virus and download it.

There have been a couple cases of some malware apps making it on the app store for a few days but they never really effected more than a couple hundred people.

You have nothing to worry about from something installing itself on your machine. You have to be stupid enough to say "Yes mister virus, I will let you install on my phone." On top of that you have to go searching for said virus and download it.

hahahaha at "Yes mister virus" !

Not if you have any common sense in what you install and where you install it from.

Are you using an iMac/Macbook because you're afraid of malware too? If not, then I wouldn't worry about it. This is why every app is required to tell you what permissions it has before you install it, if you're not comfortable with its permissions to see your contacts or modify SD card content (or anything else), then don't install it.

Of course not. Even fools know that Android has more virus and worms than iOS.
And he is not asking you about iMac/Macbook. No digression please.

T4rd, send this picture back to you. It is cute. Is it your cousin?

ackbar1.JPG

ackbar1.JPG

Admiral Ackbar says stay on the Android marketplace. If you wander elsewhere apply digital condom before inserting software.

I'm pretty sure hes an implant.

To the OP, no, there is no more significant amount of malware for Android you can get versus Apple. Don't listen to those scare tactics, most apple fanatics point out the obviously exagerated articles as fact.

To the OP, no, there is no more significant amount of malware for Android you can get versus Apple. Don't listen to those scare tactics, most apple fanatics point out the obviously exagerated articles as fact.

Pretty much this. You can get malware on your iPhone or your Android phone if you install strange applications. Be careful of what you install and you should be fine with either phone.

Last edited:
there is no more significant amount of malware for Android you can get versus Apple. Don't listen to those scare tactics, most apple fanatics point out the obviously exagerated articles as fact.

I think there is. Apple is closed-source and users typically don't root/jailbreak their devices, unlike Android phones. This in itself leads to a higher potential for viruses/malware(because they're more likely to get paid apps for free which leaves their device vulnerable). To compound that, there's also the market which is unrestricted. Of course, none of this is to say that Apple is less vulnerable than Android, just that malicious peoples would find Android an easier target.

I think there is. Apple is closed-source and users typically don't root/jailbreak their devices, unlike Android phones. This in itself leads to a higher potential for viruses/malware(because they're more likely to get paid apps for free which leaves their device vulnerable). To compound that, there's also the market which is unrestricted. Of course, none of this is to say that Apple is less vulnerable than Android, just that malicious peoples would find Android an easier target.

I agree with you. But this is a scare tactic used by brand loyalists for a scare tactic, when in reality you probably will never encounter malware. Somebody saw the article these apple are most likely referencing to the OP and had already asked me why I stay on android. Those things work to scare people into a certain product pretty well .

Of course, depending on the situation.

Back