Man Charged With Trying to Steal 130M CC Numbers

Terry Olaes

I Used to be the [H] News Guy
Albert Gonzalez, part of the ring of hackers that broke into and stole millions of credit card numbers including the infamous T.J. Maxx caper, was indicted, along with 2 others, by federal prosecutors for attempting to steal personal information from the networks of 7-Eleven, Hannaford Brothers, and Heartland Payment Systems. This guy was a piece of work and the feds should have lots of fun with this case.

Gonzalez is a former informant for the U.S. Secret Service who helped the agency hunt hackers, authorities say. The agency later found out that he had also been working with criminals and feeding them information on ongoing investigations, even warning off at least one individual, according to authorities.

Good to hear some good news. I really hope they cut the rope to his soap...

No being burned alive and getting boulders thrown at him at the same time

Evisceration sounds pretty good right now for this sub-human piece of garbage.

Oh, here is a good one. Put him on a 1 mile low slope cheese grater slide in the nude and have him land in a vat of rubbing alcohol.

He'll probably go to some cushy Federal pen. Send his ass down here I say. Let him get acquainted with a little place we like to call Camp 5.;) It's hot and muggy here and they have chain gangs. No seriously, the FL gulf coast is like Vietnam. Crotch pot cookin, I kid you not!

I'm trying to work out how many 1TB drives he needs to do this...
Let say the average record size is 200 bytes, for basic details.

130x10^6 *200 = 26 x10^9
=26TB drives.

At £55 a drive, the cost to stash 130 million account details is less than £1500 !!
No wonder heists on this scale are possible!
Maybe the 200bytes a record is out by an order of magnitude or 2 but thats still damn cheap.

So that's why my bank sent an unsolicited new card, with a note that says the old number was compromised in an "undisclosed" location.

I'm trying to work out how many 1TB drives he needs to do this...
Let say the average record size is 200 bytes, for basic details.

130x10^6 *200 = 26 x10^9
=26TB drives.

At £55 a drive, the cost to stash 130 million account details is less than £1500 !!
No wonder heists on this scale are possible!
Maybe the 200bytes a record is out by an order of magnitude or 2 but thats still damn cheap.

I think you mean 26GB, with your assumptions.

Yeah 200 bytes is not a lot of data at all. I imagine the average CC file is somewhere around 8-16k anyway.

Regardless. This is simply a small % of the overall crime thats taking place. Its nice to know our secret service is hiring the "best of the best" though.

I hope this guy rots in hell, and not the cushy hell, the federal pound him in the ass hell.

Lol, this is a stinging blow to the CI program where the criminal plays the system. I wonder how he got caught?

Back