ony 129 for 500w not bad
http://www.frozencpu.com/cgi-bin/frozencpu/psu-94.html

psu-94.jpg

psu-94_3.jpg

psu-94_6.jpg

psu-94_5.jpg

psu-94_4.jpg

That is pretty cool. What's it cost?

Oh yeah, and you'll probably get yelled at for hotlinking images from their site.

That is simply fucking beautiful. I've contemplated modding the 4-pin leads on my PSU in a similar fashion. But I never thought of doing the whole damn thing like that. I always hate having to find some place to jam all those damn wires I don't need. :D

twyztyr said:
That is pretty cool. What's it cost?

Oh yeah, and you'll probably get yelled at for hotlinking images from their site.

thanks for telling me I'll host them my self

to bad I just got a nice 500w powersuply :( this would take like 2 secound to install

OMG those bastages! I built that same design about 9 months ago but due to my TDY's I never had time to finish it off nice. :mad:

Oh well bound to happen sooner to later.

very nice. I've always thought something like that would be a good idea

not a new idea but nicely put together. as ive been around computers longer im more for function over form. if the rails stay accurate under heavy load id be all for it. wonder if anyone has review it yet.

there's 1 problem with it though.

Well, problem might be over stated, but since you've got 1 connector extra per plug adds extra losses.

PSU_PCB->Wire->Connector->Wire->Connector->MOBO_PCB

Normal situation:
PSU_PCB->Wire->Connector->MOBO_PCB

Who has the Kleenex? That is so sexy.

EDIT: Yes yes yes, thank you god! You can get them in the UK.

This is gonna look PIMP in my pc65

wonder if anyone has review it yet.
PimpRig gave it 9/10 hats if that is worth anything.

They stole my idea!!!!!! Bastards!!!!!!

I can prove it too. I have a mockup here somewhere using a different kind of plugs, simply because I couldn;t find any chassis mount molex connectors.

Damn them! But yeah, looks very nice. Hopefully they will all be built this way, and you can buy whatever length cables you need, or build em yourself. Think of how easy it would be to sleeve em.

SarverSystems said:
They stole my idea!!!!!! Bastards!!!!!!

I can prove it too. I have a mockup here somewhere using a different kind of plugs, simply because I couldn;t find any chassis mount molex connectors.

Damn them! But yeah, looks very nice. Hopefully they will all be built this way, and you can buy whatever length cables you need, or build em yourself. Think of how easy it would be to sleeve em.

there are different length cables for it.

It's very nice. If I had the money, I'd probably get one. I hope to see more reviews of this PSU.

i thought of doing this a while ago, but never did. that would definately make things easier. looks great. sweet find

this would be way cool, if you can fire it up without a mobo connection ... a great second PSU just for HDs and fans ...

dayaaaaamn that does look sweet. be a breeze to install and make it even easier to clean up unwanted wires. do they sell extra and different kinds of wires on frozen too?

I'd kill for one of those with the internals of a PC Power & Cooling Turbo-Cool 510... and a 120mm fan on the bottom instead of 80mm. A dozen kits, so that you can chose your wire color... and a couple SATA plugs!

Shorty said:
I'd kill for one of those with the internals of a PC Power & Cooling Turbo-Cool 510... and a 120mm fan on the bottom instead of 80mm. A dozen kits, so that you can chose your wire color... and a couple SATA plugs!

and a bag of chips...

almost makes me want to try and pawn on my Aerocool II+ PSU. Wish that thing had come out a month ago when I got my newest PSU.

omg. antec is the only company that can actually suck my 'must upgrade all the damn time' attention to my powersupply.

I'll get that one when it comes out, even though I have a true 480 right now. Some vendor needs to put that on the same page as a sleeve/braid kit and they'll sell tons of both.

Personally I'm not a big fan of Antec (I perfer Enermax) but thats one hellova PSU! I'm going to try and mod an old 300w Antec like that later (if I can find the parts and have time)..

I'm just the opposite. I had a dual-fan enermax that was supposed to be super quiet, but was super loud. Tried the antec and the enermax ended up in the garbage.

Before I say the PSU, I thought that 129 was too much for a 500W psu, since I got a nice
Allied 500W psu from Fry's for $70...but after the pics loaded, I have seen the light!

If only they had one in Green, it would go perfect with a mod I have in mind.

meh, id rather get a nice 550watt fortron which is probably a hell-o-lot better psu than that thing and hide the wires myself :p

and i personally dont like enermax or antec that much

FLECOM said:
meh, id rather get a nice 550watt fortron which is probably a hell-o-lot better psu than that thing and hide the wires myself :p

and i personally dont like enermax or antec that much

Yeah, but we're probably a lot lazier than you are. I don't like hiding hires. Hide them for me!

How can you not like enermax or antec? They make good, efficient power supplies. Any particular reason you bear such enmity?

im really thinking about ordering one in about a week or so, but the UPS shipping has me nervous ;x

Back