Manufacturer recommends 400w, will this 380w work?

CorNut

Limp Gawd
This PC is for my nephew, it'll mainly be used as a music studio with the occasional light gaming/web surfing. The power supply is an Antec Earthwatts 380w LINK which I used for a couple years but it has been collecting dust for many years since. The hardware the PC is running is an AMD A10-5700 running hybrid crossfire with a Gigabyte 6670 (1gb DDR3 version, it recommends 400w) LINK and 8GB (2x4GB 1866) RAM. It runs a single 120GB SSD, a single 80mm exhaust fan, CPU heatsink is a Zalman with a 120mm fan and a single optical drive. The sound card is this one here LINK and I have no idea how much power it uses. It has the front plate with all of the connections for optical/coax etc..
The A10-5700 says it's 65w, I didn't overclock it, I just got him a copy of Windows 8.1, a touchscreen monitor and assembled it. Luckily the MB had a PCI slot, that sound card is old. I'd guess I've had it for at least 8 years but the new PCI-E ones are no better since PCI has plenty of bandwidth for audio(so I've read). The PC works great, but I haven't given it to him yet. Do you think it's something I should be able to trust long term? He lives a couple hours away so I'd hate to have to make a trip up there to repair it/replace the power supply. I'm afraid of what might happen down the road with me trying to do this with only recycled parts. I don't mind ordering a new power PS if it's necessary, but I'd rather not if I don't have to. I appreciate your help, sorry for being so long winded.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Don't misunderstand the processor's tdp as wattage of power consumption, merely as measurement of dissipation needed for processor. The 6670 at full load consumes less than 100 watts and I would assume the processor overall would add another 170~ full load with it's iGP active for crossfire. You should be fine none the less as earthwatts series are quite durable.

I kinda thought it'd be ok, I just posted just in case. The PC was already up and running but aside from just getting the correct drivers installed/playing with the touch screen I haven't pushed it at all. I actually like the setup, it's much better than when I used that CPU with less ram, HDD, and w7 so no touchscreen.

Back