Map hack for Starcraft 2?

deanx0r

Limp Gawd
The past couple days I played regularly with a guy I met on battle.net. We were on a winning streak, and I thought it always seemed odd that he was able to predict and counter enemy movements. He then revealed me that he was using a map hack in game.

I have no idea if he was bullshitting me or not, but if it is true I would be a little bit baffled that the game is so easily hackable and that Blizzard doesn't have proper counter measures to this problem.

This is every game really not just Starcraft 2, people are dedicated to it out there

The past couple days I played regularly with a guy I met on battle.net. We were on a winning streak, and I thought it always seemed odd that he was able to predict and counter enemy movements. He then revealed me that he was using a map hack in game.

I have no idea if he was bullshitting me or not, but if it is true I would be a little bit baffled that the game is so easily hackable and that Blizzard doesn't have proper counter measures to this problem.

chinese gold farmers / hackers in wow can still spell out entire website addresses using floating corpses in major cities. blizzard is by no means the pinnacle of online security. sc2 is new and extremely popular making it very tempting for a lot of people in the pc hacking scene.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

bigger game, bigger target for hackers. starcraft is as big as you can get right now, so i bet it was hacked within hours.

Don't worry, their account will be banned from ladder play soon, as always :)

Rinse and repeat.

Of course there are hacks out already, don't act so surprised...just wait for private leagues/servers like iCCUp to catch up!

How will account banning play out in SC2? Will it basically equate to $60 down the drain?

The person's whole Blizzard account should be banned! :mad:

Anybody seriously planning on using a maphack would definitely have a B.Net account just for Starcraft... just like WoW botters have a separate B.Net account for every WoW account, so if one gets caught they're less likely to get a ban across the board.

That's good to hear. At least banning will actually be somewhat effective then.

That's good to hear. At least banning will actually be somewhat effective then.

This is pretty much how it works with anything...You cheat and eventually you are banned. It's not like these anti-cheat services can auto-detect what's going on and ban someone before they even enter a server :D. It works the same way with VAC and Punkbuster. People always rip on them but at LEAST there's SOMETHING in place and something is better than nothing in this situation.

There's cheating in every game, even on console and if it's going to coerce one into not buying a game than maybe they shouldn't be playing online.

Back