Marvel's Avengers is 90% off at $3.99, being de-listed on digital stores 9-30-23

CAD4466HK

2[H]4U
I know it's only $4 but I gotta ask since this game was railed on hard at launch and then just kind of snapped into non-existence. Is it worth it? :ROFLMAO:

Well I think this comment from pcgamer is all I need to not spend $4

Note that if you do want to play Marvel's Avengers for the story, don't click on the "play" button when you launch the main menu for the first time. That'll take you to a post-campaign endless mode via a cutscene that spoils the entire plot. Instead, you want to click on the "operations" button and cycle back to the first campaign, which is called Reassemble. Nice and intuitive, hey?

I bought this a few months back for like $8 and I didn't really like it. If you want a good Marvel game get Spider-Man. Though if you really want to play the other Avenger's characters this definitely kind of works, but just remember, you won't feel like you're playing that superhero character. The problem with this game is they needed a way to keep you playing so they made you weak so you can level up, but then they made areas that had recommended levels so going there makes you super weak which takes you completely out of the "I am a superhero" in this game. Even the levels that are the same as you can take you out of "I am a superhero" mode because you just aren't. The Hulk taking more than 1 hit to take out some generic bad guy with a stun baton? Yeah I feel my inner comic book collecting child crying WTF is this? lol

I know it's only $4 but I gotta ask since this game was railed on hard at launch and then just kind of snapped into non-existence. Is it worth it? :ROFLMAO:
I got it when it launched. I enjoyed it until about 2/3 of the game and have been stuck there(this is a PEBKAC error then game error). However take note I got it when I was recovering from surgery and loaded on pain meds to my thoughts may be off :p Oh and while its keyboard/mouse friendly it is built for a controller

For $4 it is okay. Not worth more than that. Wonder why it is being removed, I assume they have some crappy licensing deal. Still odd for it to just get pulled from sales completely so soon.

Is this game canon to the films?

No.

Grabbed a copy for me and one for the wife. If I get a few minutes of fun out of it it's worth $4. Thanks OP!

No. I'm not sure if it even follows any of the comic book story lines
That's alright, the concept of "canon" no longer applies due to the multiverse shenanigans, they just call it Earth-69691234 and have a day

Back