Massive screen corruption w/7900gt and Vista

asmielia

Limp Gawd
Hi,
I've been having this big issue with Vista and my 7900gt. Basically, when the monitor comes out of standby, I just get massive screen corruption, almost as if the monitor doesn't support the refresh rate it's using. I'm using a Dell 2405, and when I go into the menu, everything looks fine, it says 1920x1200 60hz. This on its own is not a big deal. I just turn off the monitor and tell it not to go on standby.

But I just installed this game, Europa Universalis 3, and I get the same thing when it hits the game menu. Massive corruption and I can't do anything. Alt-tabbing doesn't do anything. The system is still totally responsive, just totally screwed up image. I hit the power button, and immediately the Vista desktop comes back and it shuts down normally. I tried running the game as an admin in different compatibility modes, no difference whatsoever.

I've tried 3 different drivers, the default Vista drivers, the latest WHQL drivers and the latest 100.x betas. All give the same result more or less.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

I had that on several machines running vista with nvidia graphics. Even the latest drivers haven't fixed the issue yet, I've even tried some leaked beta's from guru3d.

My monitor supports both DVI and VGA, tried each with separate cables. No such luck.

I disabled sleep mode altogether on my systems to prevent the issue, but i hated leaving my screen on when it wasn't being used and I had forgot to have turn it off.

The temporary fix for me was buying a x1950Pro until nvidia starts doing QA on their drivers. I have had no problems with the ATI card, and have been loving my vista experience ever since.

Back