Max memory timings on Gigabyte SLI board?

asmielia

Limp Gawd
Hi,
for the 5 total people out there with the Gigabyte SLI board, what is your maximum memory overclock at 1:1 1T? So far I've been able to run 275 stable in Prime 95 (I think), but it crashed after 20 minutes at 280. This is using a 3xHTT, 6x multiplier, and 2.8V on the mem.

I have some pretty sweet RAM so I'm doubting that I'm maxing it out already.

Also, anyone have any advice on setting the timings for memory in the BIOS? First of all, I can't figure out if I'm setting 1T properly. There's an option called "Enable 2T timings". So by disabling that I'm guessing that enables 1T timings. Is that right?

But apart from that, there are a million RAM timings. Apart from trial and error on each one, I'm not sure what I should pick as good settings.

Somebody help me please.

Adrian

mainly depends on the chips on your Ram-modules.

Unless you have some gay Reseller-Ram-Module with fancy unremovable "Heatsink" you
can easily read the chips Brand and type.

Good Ram-Producers like Samsung have all the Data/Timing/Parameters for all
theyr chips on theyr Website.
example : My ATP Module has Samsung K4H560828E-TCCC chips.

http://www.samsung.com/Products/Sem...AMcomponent/256Mbit/K4H560838E/K4H560838E.htm

If you cannot see the chips you have to go the try & error way as someone else with
the same Reseller-Ram-Module may have different chips hiding under the obsolete
(any Tech can tell you) "Heatsink"

Well, they're Corsairs as indicated by my Sig. They use Samsung TCCD chips rated at
275 mhz, 2.5-4-4-8 1T, 2.75V.

There are a lot more memory timings though and I'm not sure what they all do. Way more than are standardly available.

Back