Max Payne 3 - Announced

Toytown

Gawd
Finally

http://www.rockstargames.com/maxpayne3/

New York, NY – March 23, 2009 – Rockstar Games, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), is proud to announce that Max Payne 3 is currently in development and scheduled for a winter 2009 release on the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and PC. Developed by Rockstar Vancouver, Max Payne 3 tells the story of a retired police detective embroiled in a world of corruption, turmoil and intense violence.

The award-winning Max Payne franchise put players in the role of Max Payne, a hard-boiled New York City detective with a penchant for violence, out to avenge the death of his family. The latest installment delivers more of the classic elements and hyper-intense action that fans have come to love, while moving the story of Max in a new direction.

"We're starting a new chapter of Max's life with this game," said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. "This is Max as we've never seen him before, a few years older, more world-weary and cynical than ever. We experience the downward spiral of his life after the events of Max Payne 2 and witness his last chance for salvation."

Since leaving the NYPD and New York itself behind, Max has drifted from bad to worse. Double-crossed and a long way from home, Max is now trapped in a city full of violence and bloodshed, using his weapons and instincts in a desperate search for the truth and a way out.

Max Payne 3 will be available in winter 2009 for Xbox 360, PLAYSTATION 3 and PC.

For more information, log onto www.rockstargames.com/maxpayne3.

Damn. Here is another one I'm going to have to add to my list of must play games. At this rate, I will be 60 before I get halfway through what I have now!

Pity that Remedy, The Gathering, and 3D Realms aren't part of this one. I'm still interested in it. I'd really like to know when development on this started and how they managed to keep it from leaking out to the press.

played out.

unless they do something amazing, i wont give it a second thought.

If Sam Lake isn't back as the Max Payne inspiration, forget it.

(It'll probably be a Wahlberg lookalike model)

As much as I'd like to see Max Payne 3, all I can think of is:

Ohh god, here comes revenege of the Console Sequel Curse.

The PC format create some awesome IP (Intelectual property) which is through and through a decent PC game for PC gamers (Thief, Deus Ex, Fallout, Unreal Tournament, Call of Duty) and then a sequel is made but also developerd multiplatform for the consoles and the PC version ends up mediocre.

They did a reasonable job with Max Payne 2 and from what I can see it was a multiplatform game from the ground up, so maybe there is some hope...but I remain skeptical :)

As much as I'd like to see Max Payne 3, all I can think of is:

Ohh god, here comes revenege of the Console Sequel Curse.

The PC format create some awesome IP (Intelectual property) which is through and through a decent PC game for PC gamers (Thief, Deus Ex, Fallout, Unreal Tournament, Call of Duty) and then a sequel is made but also developerd multiplatform for the consoles and the PC version ends up mediocre.

They did a reasonable job with Max Payne 2 and from what I can see it was a multiplatform game from the ground up, so maybe there is some hope...but I remain skeptical :)

I'm cautiously optimistic. Rocktstar Vancouver's only game is Bully, so thats not exactly comforting.

I am going witht the Console kiddies will say it is the greatest thing ever!!! Us PC gamers will bitch becase the console is a shit platform for shooters.

459827807_002354bbfe.jpg

I am going witht the Console kiddies will say it is the greatest thing ever!!! Us PC gamers will bitch becase the console is a shit platform for shooters.

MP2 was fine on the Xbox, not seeing why it would be a problem all of a sudden with MP3. TPS work perfectly on consoles.

Yeah I have mixed feelings about this one as well...

The first one was the best in my opinion. That's always the case it seems nowadays (except a few ...GTA anyone:D). I will definitely be tracking it though...

I would have higher expectations for Alan Wake, but then MP3 probably has a much greater chance of actually being finished.

I've never played Max Payne or its sequel, but have an unopened collector's edition DVD of both games sitting in a drawer. I think I picked it up from a Best Buy bargain bin for about $15, last summer. Now seems like a good time to finally tear off the shrink wrap. ;)

I love Max Payne series, but am to skeptical. Here to hoping its good!

Back