Max Payne and Max Payne 2

HaMMerHeD

[H]F Junkie
I just bought them both for $7.49 on Steam.

There is also a Rockstar Package collection on sale this weekend with Grand Theft Auto 3, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Manhunt, Max Payne, Max Payne 2, Midnight Club 2, Grand Theft Auto, Grand Theft Auto 2, and Wild Metal for $30.

Hot damn I love Steam's weekend deals!

The Rockstar collection is tempting as hell, isn't it? Unfortunately, I think I'll pass on it this time. I'm in for the Max Payne collection though. Should be fun.

Hmmmmm. Tempting to replay this thing. Got it in a box sittin' right hur. :)

Could I possibly stand to subject myself to the dated graphics? The game itself was so dang good though...

I just reinstalled max2 from the disc I still had lying around and it had some fairly major mouse issues. Hopefully they cleaned them up for modern systems.

I bought the GTA collection awhile back :(. Did however just purchase the Max Payne collection...and yes..Steam is awesome...

in for one on the max payne set, since the movie is coming out and everything :D

$30 for the collection! man i am so getting it if ihad the money in my paypal account!

Can't go wrong for Max Payne 1 for $5, and both for less than $10 is a god damn fucking deal! I've been playing through the original again recently, great game still.

Does the Steam version of Max Payne work with the Kung Fu mod? I do agree though, $8 is a no brainer deal for Max Payne 1 & 2

I am starting to become a sort of steam junkie, all these old games they keep throwing up here. Both Max Paynes for $7.49?

Shiiiiiiiiit.

Every time they do a half price deal my financial sensibilities run up against my nostalgia fixation and lose. Especially anything under $10 bucks. I'm going to nickle and dime myself to broke, teaming with paypal was a terrible thing for them to do to me. i don't even have to get out my wallet.

I had to sit and think long and hard about that $30 rockstar deal. But when it came to brass tacks, I would only play GTA 3/Vice City and the Max Paynes.

I'm hoping for a Fallout deal (ever). When they announced that Xcom pack it was the beginning of the end. I'm pretty pissed I missed out on Stubbs for $4.99. The music in the dance off scene alone in that game is worth the $5 bucks

Edit: I find it funny that my TNT2 ultra had struggles with this back in the day and this weak ass 8600gt is blowing it out at 1920x1200 8xAA max settings @60fps rock solid. It's funny how far things have come.

The only thing I have an issue with is the sound, the graphics are not bothering me at all, though the models are way worse than I recall. I don't the sound is acting right at all on my machine..

is max payne worth it ? I have never played them at all. would I get enjoyment of it in this day in age? thinking about getting it just not sure if I would enjoy it with all the other games out there today.

is max payne worth it ? I have never played them at all. would I get enjoyment of it in this day in age? thinking about getting it just not sure if I would enjoy it with all the other games out there today.
Yes! It has a film noirish quality about it and excellent gameplay. Max Payne 2 is a bit better on every level.

The only thing I have an issue with is the sound, the graphics are not bothering me at all, though the models are way worse than I recall. I don't the sound is acting right at all on my machine..

For anyone experiencing sound issues with Max Payne (the first one) on Vista, download the following package and follow the included instructions to fix it. I was having problems, and this fixed it for me:

http://shotgun1.shackspace.com/files/Max_Payne_Vista_Sound_Fix.zip

Yes I'd say it is worth it. The game play is actually pretty sweet. I loved slowing down and leaping forward shooting, hahahha.

does Steam make it so these old games will run on newer machines?
Last I tried I was unable to get Max payne 1 or 2 to run in Vista

does Steam make it so these old games will run on newer machines?
Last I tried I was unable to get Max payne 1 or 2 to run in Vista

I haven't tried MP2 yet, but the first one worked fine after I applied the aforementioned audio fix.

Anyone remember the Kung Fu mod for Max Payne 2? It was awesome. Imagine Max Payne doing a hands-free cartwheel in bullet time for one of your jump-shoots.

Then imagine hand-to-hand and melee weapons combat.

I wasn't a fan at all of the first one (after I got over the gimmick, the level designs were very bland and predictable), but the second one was strong enough with a story well-done that it was my second favorite PC game of that year, behind my favorite Star Wars video game of all time, Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy.

alot of people told me I would like it so I bought it... dude whats up with the wife and baby dieing. that was harsh lol I myself have a 7 month old and that almost brought me to tears.

well I do like it though. glad I bought it.

alot of people told me I would like it so I bought it... dude whats up with the wife and baby dieing. that was harsh lol I myself have a 7 month old and that almost brought me to tears.

well I do like it though. glad I bought it.

I know how you feel. It is a very sad story.

I re-installed MP2 last night because of this thread....and I played through 2/3 parts :D

Gonna finish it up tonight. I love me some bullet time!

Bought up the rockstar collection. Its just too tempting to have them all in my steam account. I played GTA1(didn't finish) back when it was on freeloader.com. Played the GTA2 demo a lot back in my high school freshman comp sci class. Played GTA3 on the xbox(I think)(didn't finish).

I always wanted to play Max Payne. I remember when it came out. The graphics were what everyone was going on about as well as "bullet time". I think I played the demo but I can't remember.

I've been playing max payne for the last 2 days. I don't have as much time to game as I used to so im only on part 1 chapter 3. I have to say its aged really well, I can still play it and not be bothered by the outdated graphics. I am really enjoying it so far.

Back