Maximus Formula Discontinued?

Kryptic3D

Limp Gawd
I've just noticed a few days ago that Newegg appears to no longer be selling the Maximus Formula. It's a "deactivated" item. Normally when they go out of stock it says "out of stock" on the page and sometimes they list an ETA for the restock shipment.

They have a couple of "open box" ones for sale, but they're not selling them new. Take a look:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131227

Is the Maximus Formula now discontinued to make way for the Rampage Formula?

Sometimes they bring deactivated items back, but I'd say this time they probably did it to replace the Maximus with the Rampage.

they discontinued the Blitz Extreme boards when the Maximus came out...looks like they're doing the same for the Rampage

It's too bad the Blitz series kicked the bucket too soon. It's one of the best and right now, I wanted a Blitz Formula myself without any luck finding any in stock... I guess I should hurry on the Maximus Formula then because my P5K-E is awaiting to be RMAed due to the NB crapping out with 4 sticks all of a sudden.

It'd be nice if they discontinued the product AFTER the followup was released rather than the situation we have now where places are selling out if the Maximus but the rampage isn't available either. I know my local place is out and they believe they are getting more stock April although I'm sure it'll be Rampage boards based on what Asus seems to be doing.

It'd be nice if they discontinued the product AFTER the followup was released rather than the situation we have now where places are selling out if the Maximus but the rampage isn't available either. I know my local place is out and they believe they are getting more stock April although I'm sure it'll be Rampage boards based on what Asus seems to be doing.
Yep... super lame.

I'm not happy about them discontinuing it so soon. They best not be giving up on bios updates.

Although on another message forum, some were able to use the Rampage bios on the Maximus. I'm not sure how safe it is, or if it would void the warranty.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=179580

Considering how expensive this board is, they should be giving support for a long time even after a new model comes out.

It will void the warranty if you flash with the Rampage bios because it's a one-way process. to come back, you must reprogram the chip or solder a new one with the original Maximus bios. Unless you are carving for the last drop of performance out of the board, the Maximus bios is fine as is...

Also, with a ROG board, be prepared for a early retirement of a model since ASUS doesn't seem to want to have 2-3 boards selling at the same time. Look at the Blitz series, which is really shortlived.

a mobo mfr employee on another forum says that Intel won't be delivering any more X38 chipsets, it's EOL replaced by X48.

It's too bad the Blitz series kicked the bucket too soon. It's one of the best and right now, I wanted a Blitz Formula myself without any luck finding any in stock... I guess I should hurry on the Maximus Formula then because my P5K-E is awaiting to be RMAed due to the NB crapping out with 4 sticks all of a sudden.

Part of me feels special for having the rare Blitz Formula... while part of me dislikes it because so few others seem to have it, and its rarely posted about. I don't think there's even an "Official" thread about it on XS like there seems to be for every other enthusiast motherboard. That, and its a lot less water cooling friendly than the Maximus. :p

Back