Maximus IV Extreme: What are the recommended RAID ports?

ArrowMk84

Limp Gawd
I'm getting an Asus Maximus IV Extreme, an Intel SSD (boot drive), two 600GB Raptors and a 2TB WD Black, and I'm trying to figure out what the best use of the SATA ports would be. I want to run the two Raptors in a RAID, so I'm figuring on putting them on the Intel SATA III ports, and then put the Intel SSD and the 2TB Black on the Marvell controller. Is that a good solution? Should I swap 'em?

Or should ignore the Marvell controller all together, put the raptors and the SATA II ports and give the Intel SATA III ports the SSD and the black?

Or should ignore the Marvell controller all together, put the raptors and the SATA II ports and give the Intel SATA III ports the SSD and the black?
That is probably the best option.

Raptors and Western Digital Black on the Intel SATA II ports, and the SSD on the SATA III. The Raptors cannot max out SATA II, let alone use the bandwidth of SATA III.

if your Intel SSD is SATA 6G then I recommend using the Intel SATA III port, but if the SSD is a SATA II disk then it doesn't matter if you use a SATA II or SATA III port.

Back