MaxiVista Alternative?

Borgschulze

2[H]4U
I tried MaxiVista, a KVM Over Network type software... except more robust than just a KVM.

I was wondering if anyone knows of any alternatives to it... I want to try the grounds before I settle on one piece of software... in case there are other software out there with better features.

The website for this program is http://www.maxivista.com/ just in case anyone doesn't know what I am talking about.

bump

that software phones home if you have problem with the serial number, and disables itself.

Wow.... September??

Since you dug this up... don't know if the OP found what he's looking for, but Synergy does everything MaxiVista does and it's free..... and works really well....

AFAIK synergy cannot expand the desktop on networked pc, just controls it using mouse, keyboard and clipboard, but does not install virtual display

Bump

I am also looking for an alternative, or any software/driver that will allow the creation of a virtual monitor.

DRTC is right in his assessment.

Though Mouse Without Borders and synergy are two excellent pieces of software, neither performs the function that is being requested by the OP.

Maxivista creates a virtual monitor in addition to existing hardware monitors. A second computer can connect to and display this virtual monitor, thus giving you an extra display.
This differs radically from MWOB or Synergy because it is a true extension of the desktop, and can have windows dragged to it, etc. Not just a second PC controlled by the same input devices.

I comment to clarify and to bump this topic, as I am also looking for this functionality.
Maxivista is too expensive for me though.
Another software that does this is called Zonescreen, but it won't function in Win7 because its virtual monitor driver is unsigned... (*frustration!*) (this will work great in XP if anyone is interested!)

Back