May be wrong place but a possible deal for [H]folders

Tormond

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - June 2007
Well I get a email from my Dell rep the other day with a deal on servers. Only trick is I have to buy 5 of them. Well I dont need 5 of them :) Stats are as follows BTW this deal is good until Oct 30th so I have a little time

Poweredge 1900
Dual Xeon 5310 Quad Cores (2x4MB Cache 1.6Ghz 1066FSB)
2GB of RAM (667Mhz 4x512MB)
80GB Hard Drive (SATA)
No OS
Integrated Perc 5i SAS/SATA RAID Controller does Raid 0/1/5)
3 Year Warranty

Any of the above can be changed to anything but obviosly the price changes

5 Of them at that configuration is going to be ~$1100 each (depends on where you are and tax/shipping)

Just thought I would throw that deal out to the [H]orde. If anyone is interested let me know via PM and we will see if we can get together 5 of them total. I currently am running 2 of these and they provide me ~3.5K PPD each (depending on WU sometimes it is more sometimes less). These will ship direct to you BNIB from Dell. I am more than willing to talk to anyone on the phone or whatever if any of you are looking for a server for home or for the office. Mods if this is inappropriate feel free to close/delete this thread. I am not making a penny on this just passing a deal onto the [H]orde. Please provide me with your folding name if you are interested as I am only extending this to the folding community here (and you have to be in the US as I can't get Dell to ship outside the country on my account). I am going to talk to my rep tomorrow and get a little more solid # for price but as near as I can figure this is what it will be.

Could probably also pin mod these to run 2GHz on a 1333FSB, and may be able to ditch the SAS card if you don't need it...

Really nice price, thanks for the offer! Unfortunately more than I can afford, like many of my college brethren. :(

Well the system will support the 1333FSB so it is possible I suppose. The SAS controller is integrated so hard to throw that away :)

Back