Maybe over asked question but when does it end?

sohcugy

Limp Gawd
Is there a finite number of possible outcomes that this program can generate or is this project going to continue for a very long time?

Folding at home will never end, as more and more diseases and viruses are found, we will still be using our computers to help find a cure for each one of them.

What we do to help out science and medical research will help other people overcome their diseases and further the research down the road toward the future.

Awesome, thanks. I had the program installed several months ago, but it got lost in mix and I read a post here and remembered I had it installed. I was on some team I don't remember which, but I switched over since I come here more often.

sohcugy said:
Awesome, thanks. I had the program installed several months ago, but it got lost in mix and I read a post here and remembered I had it installed. I was on some team I don't remember which, but I switched over since I come here more often.

We're glad to have you aboard and appreciate all the cycles you can donate.

Well theoretically, Folding could one day end.

It doesn't target specific diseases one by one, it tries to simulate the folding of different protiens so we can better understand how to stop diseases that involve the misfolding of protiens.

Some day, once we han accurately predict the exact folding pattern for every known human protien, F@H would end. That day is likely decades away, though.

I think of it this way, it ends when bureaucracy begins. Maybe I'm a pessimist, but one day I expect some idiot to go into Stanford and fuck the whole project over and bring it to an end.

Back