Maze 4 Compatibility?

LeArN2LiVe

Limp Gawd
Hi everyone I had a quick question. I currently plan on upgrading my P4c setup to a A64 setup soon and there is only one thing holding me back so far. Currently I watercool and I have a P4 compatible Maze 4. I would still like to watercool with my A64 setup. What are my current options? I would rather not have to go out and buy one for even the cheapest blocks at FrozenCPU at $50-60 dollars. Hacking this up is also not an option.

Check out D-Tek Customs, you can get a WhiteWater that's universal there for a bit cheaper and it'll blow the Maze4 away.

yeah but you could get the TC-4 and the plate for the WhiteWater for 13 bucks more and mod the plate a bit to work with the TC-4 and only be out $40...

Hmm it seems Dangerden sells an adapter kit thingy for the Maze 4 that allows it to be mounted to AMD. Does anyone know if this will suffice for the AMD64?

You could just look up the mounting hole placements for s754/939/940 & drill them yourself if the block is long enough.
I dont think thats hacking it up too much...

Oh heat isn't an issue I know the waterblock will be good enough. I am just worried about the fitting. Does an AMD Maze4 fit an Athlon 64 is what I'm asking because I will be buying the adapter which will pretty much convert this Intel block to an athlon fitting block.

yeah it'll fit fine, I'm running an AMD block on my P4 with an adaptor, it's got a heatspreader just like the A64 does.

No worries.

Back