mb wont boot

Cigolon

Gawd
i have a gigabyte GA-k8u and i have hooked up the power and threw the whole computer togeather- the only problem i'm running into is that the board wont boot. trying to figure out if i missed anything or if the board is doa.

(1) fpanel power button is in the right spot
(2) ps is turned on.
(3) mb is powered with both cords
(4) no transistors are blown
(5) can't boot it with a screwdriver and no fpanel power switch
(6) the house has power

and thats about where my ideas to check stop- am i missing anything?

Use only 1 stick of RAM and try moving it to all of the different Dimms to see if it will boot in one of them.

thanks for the idea- i tried that and no go.
i'm usin a 1 gig stick of value select ddr 400 corsair.

starting to think i dont get to go shooting cause of the rain, or play the new machine..
any other ideas?

Does anything light up when you turn it on? Maybe a video card issue?

its a ati 9200 that i just took out of another machine, so i know it runs.
the motherboard is getting power, you can see one thing lit up.

its not spinning up at all- with or without the card, so i dont think its that.

Do you have different memory you could try? Is something shorting out in the case? Maybe try setting it up on a table and running it outside the case?

i wish i had some other memory. i came out here from my house to build my step mom's computer, didn't bring anything except my software with me. should have- dad didn't have a pocket flashlight either.

tried breadboarding it, nothing happening.
definately looks doa-
i'm gonna go ahead and pack it up and ship it back to newegg if you dont have any other ideas.

Cigolon said:
i wish i had some other memory. i came out here from my house to build my step mom's computer, didn't bring anything except my software with me. should have- dad didn't have a pocket flashlight either.

tried breadboarding it, nothing happening.
definately looks doa-
i'm gonna go ahead and pack it up and ship it back to newegg if you dont have any other ideas.

Nah...ship it back...sounds DOA.

Back