MBM or something else

Tanis143

Gawd
Ok, just did a major upgrade (oops.... just remembered I need to update my sig) and I need something to monitor my temps again. I used to use MBM with Coolmon to display my temps and other system stats, but I can not find the appropriate mobo to use now that MBM is no longer updated. My mobo is a Gigabyte GA-M61P-S3. Anyone know of a good utility to use or which mobo in MBM I can use? Thanks.

I still use MBM, with a CoreTemp plugin (google's your friend). You just have to skip the auto-config option MBM offers you, and tweak it a little.

I really wish someone would pick MBM up and update it, b/c there still isn't a single program to compete with what it offers.

I keep forgetting to try HWMonitor, by the people that make CPU-Z, but the screenshots look good.

I still use MBM, with a CoreTemp plugin (google's your friend). You just have to skip the auto-config option MBM offers you, and tweak it a little.

I really wish someone would pick MBM up and update it, b/c there still isn't a single program to compete with what it offers.

Yeah, MBM beats the crap out of everything else I've tried in the past. But, the author finally got tired of dealing with all the companies and their response (or lack there of) in getting info. And since he had NDA's setup to get the info he did get, he can't release it to opensource. GG to the big name companies for killing a killer app.

Bleh, so far my attempts to get MBM running have failed, usually just comes up with driver not load endless times. I end up having to kill the process in order to stop it. WAAH! I want my MBM back! :(

I have the same problem about 75% of the time I reboot. If you wait for your PC to finish booting, you can hit OK once to the Failed Driver and it will go away. No problems after that.

Well, got MBM to load.... but I know its wrong. It said my CPU speed was 3.00..... not. My cpu temp showed up as 25 C, which is cooler than the ambient air in my room, and the coretemp plugin wont work for some reason.....

And, the temp monitoring software from Gigabyte is no better, showed my temp 22 C. HWmonitor had them at 12-14 C. GAH!!!!!!

Nope, speedfan also saw my cpu temps in the low teens. So far this is what I've got:

My board uses the ITE8716F sensor. The closest I could find in MBM is the ITE8712F sensor, which was about 10-12 C higher (tested by running prime to heat up the cpu, stopped it, waited for the temp in mbm to drop to 40 C, rebooted in bios and saw the cpu was showing at 30-31 then drop to 29). So should I just use that sensor and have it correct to -10 C? Would that adjustment be linear? I mean, if at 30 C MBM reads the sensor at 40C, will it see 39C as 49C or something different?

Also, is there a way to manually select which sensors you want to try? I got the above sensors by finding the mobo that uses that sensor and selecting it through the wizard, but I would like to add all of the ITE8712F and ITE8712F diodes in the list as possible selections so I can play around with it, but it keeps showing just the winbond sensors which I know do not work.

-edit- Nevermind on the last part, found the "show all sensors" in the config file, set to 1 and that got me the entire list.

Ok, well now I dunno about the 10+ readings. After restarting MBM it now shows my cpu at 35C, which sounds about right since bios was at 30C when I checked it, so maybe its only a few degree's off.

Now, as far as I understand this reading is straight from the mobo, not the chip itself. Is there a way to get coretemp to work with an AMD dual core?

-edit-

Bleh again! Just did core temp, and it shows the onboard diodes at 11-13 on both core's...... guess there is no accurate temp readings possible lol

Guess I'll just stick with what MBM is reading at 34C and keep in mind that is the approximate temp and not the actual temp. Really wish there was a foolproof way to measure this......

Back