MB's that work with an Antec900

itzhobbes

Weaksauce
I really want to get an Antec900 for my next case because not only does it look really good but the Air Cooling potential is a big plus in my books. My main concern is that I did notice is that the PSU would be at the bottom and most motherboards seem to have the Motherboard power connection at the top middle or the top right of the board.
Can any of you Antec900 owners chime in and tell me how you got around that or if there are any special longer cables I would need to purchase? I'm thinking of getting the Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R.
Any and all suggestions and advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

my frined has a 900 and he has a coolmaster psu

and he a whole on the bottom of the case so u could ge tthe wires closer to the mobo tray

Good luck with the Antec 900 case, I've got one and I love it.
I have a E6600 in another Antec with WC'ing (I fold 24/7 @ 3 GHz, I don't think the 900 is WC'ing friendly, just my opinion. I've seen some pretty nice external radiator WC'ing jobs done with this case though.
I have played "musical" MB's with this case. I've had a Asrock (the 775 dual VISTA?) MB in it, I've had a ASUS P5B Deluxe in it, I've had a A9WD-MAX in it, I've had a BIOSTAR TForce P965 in it and currently it has a ECS G33T-M2 mobo in it, with a E6420, OC'ed to 2.8 GHz, folding 24/7. I can honestly say I haven't had any cabling problems (I'm kinda' anal about clean looking cases and cable jobs) I've used IDE cables and SATA cables (I like SATA, it's cleaner and this ECS board has no IDE channels))
I've used a Zalman 9700 HSF, I've used a Big Typhoon HSF. I have a TT 120 tower HSF, but I ve never tried it in the 900. At present I have a little TT TR2-430W PSU in the bottom, but I've had a EMACS 6600 (I think 600w), a POWER 500w (shrug, don't know what brand that is), a ANTEC 400w, a TT 430w and one other I can't remember. The only thing I guess to watch with PSU's is you want to install them cooling fan up. (or like I saw on this thread, cut a hole in the bottom of you're case)
Good luck with you're case, it's a good case as far as I'm concerned. Kinda' like a Harley, you either "love em or hate em".

You should be fnie with any mobo or PSU, if you need extensions youll spend $10 tops.

I've got an OCZ PSU with a 680i and it fits easily, wire management isnt pretty without some long cables but it works fine. The case is NOT a full tower, so an enthusiast level power supply should have long enough cables to reach anywhere in it.

Back